Options

Cute Red Curls

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited November 17, 2009 in People
From this morning. She's 2 1/2, and full of energy! These were taken on a velvet sofa:

1. 714024482_UzGGX-L.jpg

2. 713997137_Dq9fa-L.jpg

3. 713902189_QcRc4-L.jpg

4. In black and white
713943667_vdCBV-L.jpg

5. 713891394_CfEpK-L.jpg

6. 713886599_7TYKG-L.jpg

7. The pose she told me she practiced
713881997_LYBLy-L.jpg

8. 714062238_YCAyN-L.jpg

Their home is beautiful, so I'm hoping to be able to explore some more options next time. We kept this session short and sweet. From the time I unloaded until I got back in my van to go home was just 45 minutes. We also grabbed a family shot, and a few in an off-white chair, but she was all over the place by then.

Here's the best family pic:
713937676_B7XEu-L.jpg

Thanks,
Caroline

Comments

• Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Caroline these are absolutely wonderful! You can definitely get the essence of the little girl's personality and that velvet sofa made a terrific BG! thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Totally sweet. Really love #8, the impish look!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Cute red curls, indeed! And with the pale skin and purple outfit...very striking! clap.gif Beautiful, clear, sharp, well lit shots! She has a sort of vintage look about her, especially in #3. I can see why you did that one in BW as well. My faves are 1, 3, 8. Perhaps because of her pale skin, these do come off cool to me. In the shot with her parents, she appears to be much cooler than they are, so I'm sure she's really that way. I wonder, though, how it would be to warm up the WB just a smidge? I don't know, maybe it would look all wrong.
    The lighting is sure nice! In the family pic, too. I'm curious about the shadow on the left. I find myself wishing they had chosen some different outfits for the family shot, but maybe that's just me.
    It looks like you were efficient and successful in 45 minutes! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I like the set. You do an excellent job with her. Tell her to work with her parents to practice posing... mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    I don't like the dad's choice of shirt to go with the family. The mom had a hot pink and black dress picked out for the little girl, but she insisted on the purple (and I'm glad).

I couldn't decide whether to warm these up a little more.

The shadow is from where they were blocking the light coming from the umbrella to camera right. I didn't have a reflector over there, and my other flash was playing hair light from camera right (behind them). I'd had the umbrella on my left for the solo shots, and then moved it when we put the sofa back in the spot where the umbrella had been and brought in the chair.

Thanks for the feedback!

Caroline
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    #4 is my absolute favorite! Great job - thanks for sharing!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Love all of the. Love the pop in color her red hair, gorgeous green eyes and purple outfit set off by that pale fair skin. Looks like the two of you really connected and you were able to capture her personality. Know the parents are thrilled with these.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Great set! She's a cutie for sure. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    7 is to die for!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    (trying to catch up now I'm home again...)

I love this whole series, Caroline - you seem to be really good at catpuring "porcelain" skin tones, and this lovely little one is no exception. I the velvet sofa gives a lovely, painterly classical look to these shots with the lighting you've used - nice job! thumb.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    i love these Caroline! Especially number 4 and 7. It would be tough to warm them up more, I can see how it would be easy to overdo it with such fair skin and bright hair. they do seem a touch cool, but it definately is not an issue! shes a cutie!
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2009
    Thanks, everyone! I do have the gallery set for pro color correction through Bay, so maybe they will get the skin tones just right. I was pretty happy with the prints I got of my fair skinned daughter.

Caroline