Options

#37 Challenge - Fill The Frame

Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited November 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Frame Of Mind

My first thought about this challenge was all about going Macro and filling that frame.
Until my life changed on Halloween......

As all the kids got into their costumes for Halloween and headed out for Trick & Treating I was dealing with my dog of 15 years who had a stroke & was passing over. After 15 years with my big boy it was really hard to lose him. So I would first like to say, I am sorry I did not partake as much as I wanted in this last challenge with typing to anyone but I did get my vote in and what Awesome Creepy - Crawly photos.
Really Great Job Everyone!

I am not even for sure if my photo fits for this challenge but I guess in so many ways you can't fill this frame anymore than what I did days after my dog passed away. This is my dog's house on fire that has stood for over a decade in my backyard and when all the sides fell to the ground, I was left with this frame standing:(:
I filled the frame in a Blaze of Glory for my big boy & sent his house off.

No do overs with this photo & sure could have worked more on my post processing but just gonna roll as is with this photo. A Thank You here also to my good friends here on DGrin & Dailies for your kindness over this past week.. Smugmugger Rock!

Angela

A Frame Of Mind ACDavis©2009 600x600.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What a nice tribute to your dog and what an awesome photo...even more so now that I know the story behind it.

Brian
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2009
    Thank you Brian,

Ugh, I sure did not want to be a downer on my entry, but guessed
    I owed it to the old boy in his honor :rambo
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    I know what it's like to lose a pet. Mine died 2 years ago due to a severe seizure. It's really tough to overcome the loss of a pet, however in a way you should be happy that he/she lived for 15 years which is a good number of years for a dog's life. Hope you come out of it ok!
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Saddened by your story. I too, know very well the feeling of losing your dog, it sounds like he lived a long and happy life!
    I think your image works very well for the theme, I wouldn't change a thing.
    Best of luck, and so sorry for your loss
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2009
    Oh, how touching.... a fitting tribute, I agree. We just lost one of our cats last month and it's such a feeling of emptiness....

I like the photo, too, I think you do fill the 'frame'....

Trish
    ic4u wrote:
    Saddened by your story. I too, know very well the feeling of losing your dog, it sounds like he lived a long and happy life!
    I think your image works very well for the theme, I wouldn't change a thing.
    Best of luck, and so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your dog Angela. It's rough losing a pet. It's hard to think of it this way right now, but you do have 15 years of wonderful memories.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2009
    Ohhh, Thank You All So Much

Each day gets a tad better and I feel really blessed to have had him that long. The vet even told me that a dog so large normally does not make it as long as he did.

I have to smile as I made the vet even take a step back to know his whole life he has eaten yes dog food but people food =) but he never liked carrots for some reason, lol

If anyone is interested in seeing my big boy here a link a photo:

http://www.acdavisphotography.com/Other/Daily-Photos/7304322_ZbTX4#451732618_BuBbp-XL-LB

Have a Beautiful Sunday Everyone ☼
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    What a tribute
    What a great tribute to your dog. Interesting image.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Loved the photo before I read the story (saw it first in the entry gallery). I gasped.

Now that I know the story, I love it even more. Peace to your sweet dog. Love the image. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Thank you Angela for your comment on my photo. I was pretty happy to see that little star burst too. All I could say was 'finally!!!!'. lol. Just wished I could've got the droplet a little sharper. After 8gigs of water dropping, i figured it wasn't gonna happen. rolleyes1.gif

Now for your entry, I wasn't only impressed with the composition, but it pulled on a few strings. I have a hound of my own and she's getting up there in age. Anyone with a beating heart who could either relate or might have to relate in the future, would have to take a moment looking at the photo. And to me, that's what looking at a picture is all about. I'd rather have it evoke some kind of emotion out of me then just to be an attractive, pleasing picture to look at. All I can say is great job, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D