Options

Creating Your Own Card

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited November 19, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Advice please! Is it better to create your own custom card within a program and then send it to the printer -or- is it better to use an online print place? If its easier and/or better to create it yourself, what program do you use to make cards? If online, where? Smug has great print but limited option.

Comments

• Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Advice please! Is it better to create your own custom card within a program and then send it to the printer -or- is it better to use an online print place? If its easier and/or better to create it yourself, what program do you use to make cards? If online, where? Smug has great print but limited option.
    have you looked at the new cards they've come out with?
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    vista print

got print

I use OFFICE PRINTER to create and print my own cards.......I will be ordering some cards from Vista Print as I have email offers for $5.99 for 250 cards and when I get ready to order a whole slew (5-10K) I will go to GOT PRINT as last I checked 8k was way less than $100 for full bleed cards.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    have you looked at the new cards they've come out with?

Their Christmas card choices are beautiful but I am after a Christmas card. There is no choice for fonts, or text placement... unless I just cant find it. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    vista print

got print

I use OFFICE PRINTER to create and print my own cards.......I will be ordering some cards from Vista Print as I have email offers for $5.99 for 250 cards and when I get ready to order a whole slew (5-10K) I will go to GOT PRINT as last I checked 8k was way less than $100 for full bleed cards.....

Thanks for the info; I'll check the Vista and Office Print !
  • Options
    RosyRosy Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited November 17, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Thanks for the info; I'll check the Vista and Office Print !

I got 500 from Vista and wasn't impressed with the quality. I'll hand them out, but I probably won't order from them again. Great prices, but not very professional-looking IMHO.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I would not waste a minute on Vista print as their quality is severely low.

Got Print is pretty good and cheap.

Ask yourself if you want your clients to say "Wow" when they see your card or ask themselves "This person is supposed to be a pro?"
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    I would not waste a minute on Vista print as their quality is severely low.

Got Print is pretty good and cheap.

Ask yourself if you want your clients to say "Wow" when they see your card or ask themselves "This person is supposed to be a pro?"

I'm seeing ROES offered to create cards and prints on many sites like Bay, TempePhoto, etc. How much will that program allow for custom cards like text? Is the application easy to use?