Options

Downtown Reno--Truckee River 5 Pics

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited June 25, 2005 in Sports
We went to Reno last week for a little relaxation after our wedding. We took a walk downtown to take in the sites. I haven't been there in about 3 years so the addition of a walkway and park in the middle of town was nice. They have created some small white water sections for the local canoe guys. We sat and watched them for a while, pretty interesting stuff. They would come towards the white water, then turn backwards, and paddle on top of the white water. Once in place they would do a barrel roll nose first and come up about 10-15 feet down the river right side up.

Here is the river:

343%3C6%3B6%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3C5854534ot1lsi

Here is one of the guys setting up:

343%3C6%3B6%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3C5849%3B79ot1lsi

Another guy getting into place:

343%3C6%3B6%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3C5854538ot1lsi

The start of the barrel roll, you can see his canoe nose going into the water:

343%3C6%3B6%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3C5854536ot1lsi

Going under:

343%3C6%3B6%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3C5849%3B82ot1lsi

Hope you enjoy these pics. Comments appreciated:thumb

Thanks for looking,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    Congratulations Eric and Susan
    on your weddingclap.gif. I hope I'm reading your post right.

I like your #1 shot as it shows our little river going through downtown. Your shot shows it running at a high state which is a good thing. Those kayakers are crazy. I've watched them take a nose dive into the waves and bounce right back just to do it again. Crazy!!

The change has done wonders for the downtown area; it's helping revitalize it and making it into a family area. The place gets packed with families and innertubers later in the summer when the water level drops (and warms up too).

July is Arttown here and can be a lot of fun; loads of outdoor photo ops.

Thanks for sharing your series,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 25, 2005
    The water park is a very cool new feature. My understanding is that the
    budget for the second half was recently approved. Nice way to show it
    off too.

Eric&Susan, congrats on the wedding!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2005
    on your weddingclap.gif. I hope I'm reading your post right.

I like your #1 shot as it shows our little river going through downtown. Your shot shows it running at a high state which is a good thing. Those kayakers are crazy. I've watched them take a nose dive into the waves and bounce right back just to do it again. Crazy!!

The change has done wonders for the downtown area; it's helping revitalize it and making it into a family area. The place gets packed with families and innertubers later in the summer when the water level drops (and warms up too).

July is Arttown here and can be a lot of fun; loads of outdoor photo ops.

Thanks for sharing your series,
    Chris

Thanks Chris. The river is a great addition since last time I was there. The river and the new surroundings are a nice addition in a busy town. The only draw back was all the skateboarders and local rif-raf hanging around blocking the stairs and pathways.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• Options
    edited June 25, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    The water park is a very cool new feature. My understanding is that the
    budget for the second half was recently approved. Nice way to show it
    off too.

Eric&Susan, congrats on the wedding!

Ian
    Thanks Ian. The wedding was a great day. We just got the pics back today. I'll post some in the people forum when I get a chance.

Eric