Options

Photoshop Question ?

lenka77lenka77 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited November 19, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place (I always get lost in here) but I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what probably is a very simple problem. I have template pics of jewelry that I would like to add my own pics to and am not quite sure how to do it in Photoshop. Could anyone provide me with some steps to follow?

I tried to attach a pic of the template but not sure it worked. I'd be happy to e-mail you what I'm working with.

Thank you in advance!!
Lenka
lenkasphotography@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    lenka77 wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place (I always get lost in here) but I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what probably is a very simple problem. I have template pics of jewelry that I would like to add my own pics to and am not quite sure how to do it in Photoshop. Could anyone provide me with some steps to follow?

I tried to attach a pic of the template but not sure it worked. I'd be happy to e-mail you what I'm working with.

Thank you in advance!!
    Lenka
    lenkasphotography@gmail.com

Not a lot of info to go on here, but if you open the template file, and then open the other image file, and then go to Window>Arrage>Tile, both of the images will be on the monitor screen. Then set the Move tool as active, click on one of the images, hold the mouse button down, and drag one image onto the other and release the mouse. This will add the second image to the first image as a new layer.

You may have to go to Edit>Free Transform and drag a corner of one image to the size of the other image.

One of the images will have to be transparent in part to be able to see the other image. This can be done by making a Selection of the part you want to keep and deleting the rest. There are several ways to do this: Magic Wand, Layer Mask, Lasso, Quick Mask, Pen tool, etc.

Last step is to flatten and save as a .jpg.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/