Options

Kitesurfing Ida Crash

TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited November 20, 2009 in Sports
This sequence took me around 3 1/2 hrs to complete but well worth the time. My buddy in the picture took a little break after this one haha but not long after he was back on the water. Please comments are welcome. It was a dreary and windy day. More to come on my site. Thanks
715760718_CU8aA-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Jeeze you're really up for a lot of work.. :D

Well you got me going, I'm going to try multiple exposures at the Baja1000 (I'll post unless I screw it up)
    Rags
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    oh yea for sure I wouldnt have finished it if I wasnt having fun working on it. I'v yet to try the mult exposure shooting. Lookin forward to seeing what you get.
  • Options
    JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    nice job, I wish I had the time and skill to do this.clap.gif
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    TNTATC...so what was your workflow to put this all together? BTW...nice work!! :-)

Thanks,
    John
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    I dont understand what you mean by workflow, I think I do but not sure exactly. Ill just tell ya how I did it. I opened each raw file and equally edited each photo for lighting and contrast. Then I layered each one by one blending in the water and sky and making sure to erase the areas that I did not want to overlap. The background is made up of 4 of the 11 pics just blended where I would make it work. The shots of him closer to me I was zoomed in with my 70-200mmL so I had to pull it back when I saw him start to be boosted. Those I just saved mainly him and the water ditched the houses on those pics. Other than that I just did that for each pic making sure the layer I wanted was in the right order to show up and overlap well. I know there is something in photoshop that does stuff like this for you with landscapes but i'v never tried it, I perfer the manual labor haha. After I had it how I wanted it I flattened the image to make it one, cropped out the pic I wanted and did some more contrast touch ups, the end. I appreciate the comments
    Tyler
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Thanks Tyler...yeah that's what I was looking for in terms of "workflow"...the actual process or steps you went through to create the final product ;-)
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    TNTATC wrote:
    I dont understand what you mean by workflow, I think I do but not sure exactly. Ill just tell ya how I did it. I opened each raw file and equally edited each photo for lighting and contrast. Then I layered each one by one blending in the water and sky and making sure to erase the areas that I did not want to overlap. The background is made up of 4 of the 11 pics just blended where I would make it work. The shots of him closer to me I was zoomed in with my 70-200mmL so I had to pull it back when I saw him start to be boosted. Those I just saved mainly him and the water ditched the houses on those pics. Other than that I just did that for each pic making sure the layer I wanted was in the right order to show up and overlap well. I know there is something in photoshop that does stuff like this for you with landscapes but i'v never tried it, I perfer the manual labor haha. After I had it how I wanted it I flattened the image to make it one, cropped out the pic I wanted and did some more contrast touch ups, the end. I appreciate the comments
    Tyler

Cool picture! I imagine since your friend stands out a lot from the background in most of the pictures the magic wand tool would have made your process a little faster. Wand the sky, select inverse, keep just the guy and paste him into the first picture. Then layer the last photo of the sequence in (or cut and paste judiciously) since it has the crash part.
    I've only done it for pelicans diving into the water sequences, but it should work.
    Still, it's a fun sequence picture!
    Anna
  • Options
    Every Miles A MemoryEvery Miles A Memory Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    That's a great sequence! Hopefully your friend pays you for all the work you put into it as I'm sure he'd love to have that blown up pretty big on his wall
    Pat Bonish
    www.everymilesamemory.com
    www.patbonishphotography.com

All Who Wander Are Not Lost
  • Options
    tday01tday01 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2009
    Way Cool!
    Great Image..Way Cool...
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    Thanks yall he sure did he bout a few 8/10's so I was pretty stoked to see that. I could have charged more but he's a friend and friends always get bro deals in my world haha. I'v tried the magic wand and it just isnt precise enough for me, maybe I use it wrong. I'm a perfectionist so it's tough to keep from getting in deep in the pixels.