Options

for greaper & waxy

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited June 25, 2005 in Holy Macro
**photo not suited for the sqeemish**

Guys ive got a photography trip planned up into the kimberlys...i really think you both should get over here to join me.

not my shot btw.

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    That thing is HUGE.

Looks like it's got an appetite like Andyrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    That thing is HUGE.

Looks like it's got an appetite like Andyrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    Bad part is that on cool nights....they loooove a warm sleeping bag with a snack inside it.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    Ok Gus I can offer some advise here:
    You need to bring:

a small goat with lots of bells, stake this goat out about 40yrds from your camp site.

2nd bring a very exp. snake charmer basket, flute and all and stake him 20yrds from your camp site.

there's your 2 lines of defense rolleyes1.gif

When the bells wake you up have the charmer start playing. Set ISO high Apeture deep. Start back stepping shooting in burst mode of course :D

Have a great time, for sure share when you get back thumb.gif
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    bfjr wrote:

Have a great time, for sure share when you get back thumb.gif

Might have to have someone else pick out the camera from the pile of goo the snake leaves behind a few days later... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    :yikes
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2005
    I've never been afraid of snakes, but where I come from, none are big enough to eat me.:uhoh I wouldn't go anywhere there without one big, extremely sharp machete with me.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    I wouldn't go anywhere there without one big, extremely sharp machete with me.
    Actually camping out i am more concerned of mosquitos carrying dengue fever..australian encephalitis...ross river virus...barmah forest virus...or even malaria in the north than snakes.

Lots to put an end to you around this place but a snake that big would have you wrapped up & ready to squeeze well before you woke up....thats his trade.

I was with a bloke one day & we had to remove an 11 footer from a shower cubicle. It wrapped his arm & chest so hard & fast that it took myself & another bloke to get it off him. They have incredable strenght constricting you.
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    :jawdrop:oogle:yikes
    I have never seen a snake do that. I hope you have a great time up there Gus, it's once place that I have always wanted to go. Don't forget to watch for crocs toorolleyes1.gif

Ahhhh camping in australia...You gotta love it.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    Cool Gus, when ya going.

I doubt my boss/wife will let me part with the cash to attend. Is there a holiday Inn near there?

:D
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    :jawdrop:oogle:yikes
    I have never seen a snake do that. I hope you have a great time up there Gus, it's once place that I have always wanted to go. Don't forget to watch for crocs toorolleyes1.gif

Ahhhh camping in australia...You gotta love it.
    Not really going...hell what a photog trip if i could. Just trying to ease greaps & waxy into coming here rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Not really going...hell what a photog trip if i could. Just trying to ease greaps & waxy into coming here rolleyes1.gif
    Yes it's one of the most beutiful place I've ever seen...I'm just not really a fan of the hairy, scaly, toothy and blood sucking localsrolleyes1.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited June 25, 2005
    Nobody noticed the snake looks like it was eating something...:yikes

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 25, 2005
    Gus, when you get back (or if you get back), please post your own creature eating creature shots too. And good luck out there.

So I am guessing that the Kimberley's are not in the Shootout 2007 plans? rolleyes1.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky