Options

Bionic Monks at the Crump in Columbus, IN

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited November 22, 2009 in People
I am by no means a concert photographer. My roommate's band had a gig at the Crump Theater and asked me if I could take some shots for their band. His dad is the bass guitarist and lead singer, his younger brother is the drummer, a family friend is the lead guitarist, and my roommate is another lead guitarist.

They've been a band for a couple years, and I liked what I heard. They're a hard rock/punk band.. not really big yet but still sounded amazing live.

Anyways, here are some of the shots I liked the most, and a link to the gallery. Taken with my 50D, 17-50mm 2.8, at ISO 3200 for the most part.

http://jeremywinterberg.smugmug.com/Clients/Bionic-Monks/

719835961_6VtMX-L.jpg

2. This is my roommate, and my favorite picture from the night.
719834097_7c3No-L.jpg

3. This is Dan the other Lead Guitarist
719840715_5J4BF-L.jpg

719839175_yXFoh-L.jpg

719844859_dEWma-L.jpg

719841076_eNzS6-L.jpg
Jer

Comments

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    nice set !
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    These aren't bad, Jeremy, except several look a bit soft - motion blur? Sadly, 2.8 often isn't enough for this kind of lighting. You may want to sharpen some of them up in processing. Looks like you caught the action well though - bet your roommate is pleased!
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    These aren't bad, Jeremy, except several look a bit soft - motion blur? Sadly, 2.8 often isn't enough for this kind of lighting. You may want to sharpen some of them up in processing. Looks like you caught the action well though - bet your roommate is pleased!

Well, I think the softness may be partly the Noise Reduction... I didn't do each picture individually, I just took em through a batch process in noise ninja.

But, I agree that the 2.8 was not fast enough for the setting... I think my average shutter speed was 1/80th? maybe a little faster, but not good for handheld in extremely low light.
    Jer
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    #2 could have been really cool with some faster glass. A bit too much lost in the shadow for my taste.

I like how the light flared off the guitar in #4.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    #2 could have been really cool with some faster glass. A bit too much lost in the shadow for my taste.

I like how the light flared off the guitar in #4.
    Actually, most of the loss was due to how I post processed it. I was going for a more grungy look, too much? I'm still not amazing with pp...
    Jer
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    Actually, most of the loss was due to how I post processed it. I was going for a more grungy look, too much? I'm still not amazing with pp...
    Could just be me. I'm 42...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site