Options

CR2 files in Lightroom 2??

ItalianKutieItalianKutie Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited November 22, 2009 in Finishing School
I recently shot a wedding with my second shooter using a canon, I use a nikon. I have always imported my raw files into lightroom 1, edited them, rejected the ones I didnt want and then exported as jpgs the ones I wanted to post.
For some reason, it wont export the canon images, I get a window that pops up and says some exports could not be performed.. then it listed the files (all hers) and it says some do not exist and some could not be found.
When I open the list of images, the file extension is .cr2

can anyone help me get these to jpg??? thanks
www.photosbyhollyk.com
Holly Kimble, accountant, photographer, athlete:ivar

Comments

• Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    I recently shot a wedding with my second shooter using a canon, I use a nikon. I have always imported my raw files into lightroom 1, edited them, rejected the ones I didnt want and then exported as jpgs the ones I wanted to post.
    For some reason, it wont export the canon images, I get a window that pops up and says some exports could not be performed.. then it listed the files (all hers) and it says some do not exist and some could not be found.
    When I open the list of images, the file extension is .cr2

can anyone help me get these to jpg??? thanks

and I also wanted to mention I just upgraded to lightroom 2 if that makes any difference
    www.photosbyhollyk.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 22, 2009
    Not all CR2 files are created equal. What camera produced them and what revision level of LR are you running?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    It is just a very good rule to keep the LR (and PS for that matter) updates current.........You can set it to check for update automatically or as i do .....do it manually ....i check every friday night and at least download to a file to be installed later if time is a factor at download time.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Not all CR2 files are created equal. What camera produced them and what revision level of LR are you running?

she used a canon eos 5d for some and a 30d for the others.. I am using lightroom 2,
    www.photosbyhollyk.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    It is just a very good rule to keep the LR (and PS for that matter) updates current.........You can set it to check for update automatically or as i do .....do it manually ....i check every friday night and at least download to a file to be installed later if time is a factor at download time.......

I just downloaded the upgrade to lightroom 2 from 1.4 before importing these photos so everything is up to date.
    www.photosbyhollyk.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 22, 2009
    she used a canon eos 5d for some and a 30d for the others.. I am using lightroom 2,

Hmmm...those are not new. headscratch.gif When you first imported them into LR, was there any problem? If you still have the source files, maybe try importing them directly into LR2.

Edit: I just saw your last post, so now I´m out of ideas.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 22, 2009
    Make sure you are running the current version of Lightroom v 2.5. It should open 5D and 40D and 50 D files with aplomb. It does routinely for me.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Make sure you are running the current version of Lightroom v 2.5. It should open 5D and 40D and 50 D files with aplomb. It does routinely for me.

It opens them ok, I can edit, do whatever... its just exporting them into a folder on my computer as jpgs so I can post them on my site is the problem
    www.photosbyhollyk.com
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    Export settings?
    What are the settings in export? Maybe you need to look at where they're exporting to or one of the other settings?
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    I just downloaded the upgrade to lightroom 2 from 1.4 before importing these photos so everything is up to date.

Your LR2 should be upto LR2.5.....It has had 5 updates since it went retail:D

WINDOWS LR2.5

MAC LR2.5
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Your LR2 should be upto LR2.5.....It has had 5 updates since it went retail:D

WINDOWS LR2.5

MAC LR2.5

ok, I just checked I do have 2.5.
    www.photosbyhollyk.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    ok, I just checked I do have 2.5.

That is good.....now as was mention above you need to check your export settings....I have mine going the same file as it was imported from BUT ...... it gets a new name........mwink.gif

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 22, 2009
    It opens them ok, I can edit, do whatever... its just exporting them into a folder on my computer as jpgs so I can post them on my site is the problem

Have they been moved or lost to Lightroom, perhaps? If the link to the original file is lost, you can still view the image in LR, but you cannot export it because the link to access the original file is borked. You will see a statement saying"The file named .......CR2 is offline or missing"

If you right click the main viewing panel in LR, and click on Show in Finder, it will show you the location the file is, or was originally stored. If the file is not there, you should see a dialogue box that says "Would you like to locate it? It was originally stored yadayadayada....... "

Then you click "locate" and find the new location ( I love Spotlight for this on my Mac - bango and i find it ) and LR hooks up the new link to the image as well as other similar files located nearby.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin