Options

RSS and Multiple Keywords

darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
edited November 22, 2009 in SmugMug API Support & Integrations
Hey Dev --

It'd be nice if this worked:

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=gladlee-texas&Data=gladlee&format=rss200

That is, an RSS feed for all keywords matching "gladlee" AND "texas".

Thanks!

--Darryl

Comments

• Options
    photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    I'll second that... I just discovered the limitation trying to do some creative things with feeds. Having the ability to support more than one keyword in the feed would be fantastic.
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 11, 2009
    Hopefully I have a keyword update coming out this week...of which this is included.

This is a minor format change though.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    ok this works now...

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=gladlee&Data=gladlee,texas&format=rss200

You need to comma separate the keywords...

&Data=keyword1,keyword2
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    surffrogsurffrog Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 22, 2009
    David,

I see you made an update to the keyword function. However, I can not add multiple keywords in number format. For example 123, 124, 234, 432. I will only work if I use words. (example Holiday, turkey, fred).

Also if I use a combination of words and numbers it will only take the first number I enter and the word. Or only just the word.

Previously before your update I was able to enter multiple keywords by uing double quotes example "123""321""423""Turkey"...

whats going on? This is really severly impacting my business and my customers being able to search for their photos online.

Please help!

J

devbobo wrote:
    ok this works now...

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=gladlee&Data=gladlee,texas&format=rss200

You need to comma separate the keywords...

&Data=keyword1,keyword2
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    surffrog wrote:
    David,

I see you made an update to the keyword function. However, I can not add multiple keywords in number format. For example 123, 124, 234, 432. I will only work if I use words. (example Holiday, turkey, fred).

Also if I use a combination of words and numbers it will only take the first number I enter and the word. Or only just the word.

Previously before your update I was able to enter multiple keywords by uing double quotes example "123""321""423""Turkey"...

whats going on? This is really severly impacting my business and my customers being able to search for their photos online.

Please help!

J

Hi J,

Can you please give me a link to a gallery where 123, 321, 423 isn't working.

If you are using a quote string, one of the following will work for me...

"123" "321" "423" "Turkey"
    "123","321","423","Turkey"

Hope this helps,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos