Options

Headshots for a realestate agent.

JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited November 26, 2009 in People
A friend of mines sister needed a headshot to put on her realestate business cards, and her sales signs... these are the shots i came out with... also she wanted them cropped as squares.

Please let me know what you think.

723752638_S8NXG-M.jpg

723752944_f66n5-M.jpg

723753121_Q48XM-M.jpg

723753411_tAynH-M.jpg

723861928_FfJyw-M.jpg

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.

Comments

• Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    I like #1 the best: her face is well illuminated and her expression looks natural and makes her look very approachable.
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    I also like #1 the best. Skin tone is nice and it is well lit. I would crop some of the left side IMHO if possible to still retain the "square".
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    these shots are pretty decent. My biggest issue with then however is the seperation from the background. The black hair tends to melt into the background.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    I think the last shot is the most flattering to you subject. The skin tones in it are less red than in the others and I like the camera angle better. I agree, though, that an additional light or different background choice to separate her from the Bg would have been a better choice.
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I think the last shot is the most flattering to you subject. The skin tones in it are less red than in the others and I like the camera angle better. I agree, though, that an additional light or different background choice to separate her from the Bg would have been a better choice.

15524779-Ti.gif....... 100%
  • Options
    RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    I like number 4 the best. The question I have is why the black background?

Most of the agents and loan officers I have me punch out the image so they can use layer it over multiple backgrounds. Also for some reason, the majority of Realtors feel compelled to put their picture on their business cards. Typically, I see most of the cards being lighter colors (white).

I thought I would point that out to save you some time and grief in the future in case you decide to market to real estate professionals. I used to shoot most of my head shots on white or mottled grey backdrops, but am now shifting to "green screening" them to save time.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” -Helmut Newton-
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    I currently only have a black and a white back drop... and iv only them them a couple weeks lol.... I do plan on getting a green screen very soon though... Also this realestate company has the reps pictures on all of their business cards it takes up the complete left side.

She actually wanted the black back drop, and originally I had heard she was going to also wear a black top and I told her to please bring something else..she did not like the black top ones at all so im glad i had her bring this top.

I did this kind as a side job with no plans of getting into corporate head shots, but she said she could set it up at this realitor that I could do all of the people graduating this class which ends every 8 weeks... I might just have to take her up on it.... ill need a smaller back drop though the one i have now is 10x20 would be alittle big to set up in a cramped office lol.

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Ditto. Can you reshoot with the addition of a hair light to get some seperation?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    Ditto. Can you reshoot with the addition of a hair light to get some seperation?

Hows the last one now? I didnt realize it was so black so i just adjusted it really quick.

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    JayClark79 wrote:
    Hows the last one now? I didnt realize it was so black so i just adjusted it really quick.

The "new" last one doesnt appear to be from the same frame as the first "last one".

One of the things that made it work better than the others was that it used short lighting AND the camera angle to an advantage. The new frame doesnt accomplish those things as well.

FWIW.....the new last shot is too dark concerning her hair and the BG as well.....at least on my version of a calibrated monitor.

Really....a hairlight....or some rim lighting would be the only "fix".