Options

TRA sale?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited November 28, 2009 in Weddings
I just got the email about TRA's Black Friday sale, but no indication of prices. Does anybody know what their "special deals" are usually like? Significant savings, or just a small percentage? I'm trying to figure out if I may be able to snag them.... I have the demo samples and REALLY like them a lot (used in moderation) but I can't justify buying them at full price. At a steep discount, however..... :wink

Comments

• Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I couldn't find prices, either. The very fine print did indicate: "The sale's at the Totally Rad Store this Friday only" so I guess it will show up on Friday ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Well for their summer special it was $25 off a purchase. But my email indicated that it would be for all 3 sets... so who knows!?

Makes me wonder if I should do a "black friday" sale on prints for my wedding clients! Might be a fun incentive! : )
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2009
    Thanks gals. I'm not sure $25 off will be enough for me to afford them, but I guess we'll see....
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Ditto to the OP. I can't find the prices either. Probably won't be low enough for a homeless photographer like me to afford yet.

I also LOVE the demo actions from Trad. I can hardly wait to get my paws on the rest of them.
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    They finally posted it - everything's $119. Pretty good deal, although I think I will have to (regretfully) wait a bit longer. Sigh. Oh well - at least I finally have a 135L... one thing at at time :D
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    They finally posted it - everything's $119. Pretty good deal, although I think I will have to (regretfully) wait a bit longer. Sigh. Oh well - at least I finally have a 135L... one thing at at time :D

Thanks DM.....

Merry Christmas to me!!!mwink.gif

...and yesterday I picked up the Adobe PS Elements and Premiere Elements bundle for $75 at bestbuy online (50% off). I dont have much use for PSE, but have used Premiere Elements since version 2 to edit home video and create slideshows. I prefer it to the Premiere Pro version....which is much more powerful, but also much less intuitive.
  • Options
    PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    tra actions - which package would YOU want?
    divamum wrote:

That is a pretty cool deal and pretty tempting! So which package would you get IF you ordered one? I can't make up my mind! I have their demo's and I do love them... some more than others... i guess I'll have to play around and decide today if any of them are worth $119! :)

thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2009
    Yea I'm real tempted, but I just couldn't figure out which one I'd get between the original or the revenge. I'm thinking the revenge, but I'll sit on it till I get home, I guess.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2009
    Yeah, Iknow. I really want BOTH sets (the actions, that is - the textures set is beautiful, but definitely not something I'd use enough to pony up that kind of money yet!)

If it had been a one-day half price sale I was going to consider it, but there is NO WAY that I can shell out $250 on software right now, sadly. I've been so lucky in getting my Adobe products free through the college that I really can't complain, but the mortgage still has to get paid somehow, yanno? lol3.gif

TRA definitely on my wishlist... but further down that list than the 7d. Thus... biding my time a little longer....

ETA: to answer the question, I'm not sure which one I'd want. I think that the 2nd set are more of the funky, edgy ones, but there are several "fixers" in the first set that would be hard to walk past.... headscratch.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Yea I'm real tempted, but I just couldn't figure out which one I'd get between the original or the revenge. I'm thinking the revenge, but I'll sit on it till I get home, I guess.

I had exchanged a few PM's with Heatherfeather about TRA and she made a valid point for all three....and so I bought all three. I had prepared myself to buy them anyway, but the discount today didnt hurt for sure. I have taken a pass on CS4, and other than operating systems havent purchased any softwares in quite awhile. These will be fun to experiment with, and I am looking forward to also getting a look at version 8 vs version 2 of premiere elements.

In her words, the "recipes" often use different mixes of actions from all three sets. So to mimick the look of those on their site you ought to get all three.

Im hoping to employ them in my senior portraits next spring.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2009
    Well...I just bought The Revenge, could only afford to buy one lol. I really wanted Yin/Yang and Big Blue off the first one though. Next Black Friday maybe haha.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    They looked real interesting to buy, but I like my LR presets more. But congrats on your buy!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2009
    They looked real interesting to buy, but I like my LR presets more. But congrats on your buy!

Thanks! I've been experimenting with them today, but gosh, I forgot to take into account how big the files would become off my 5d2 -_- Been pretty locked up all day lol. I've been decreasing image sizes for sure.