My passworded galleries just went public!!!

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited May 17, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I just checked my smugmug site and all of my password protected galleries are now open to the public and all of my passwords have been wiped out. Everyone might want to check their sites.
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 16, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I just checked my smugmug site and all of my password protected galleries are now open to the public and all of my passwords have been wiped out. Everyone might want to check their sites.
    Ouch, I am so very sorry this happened to you. :cry

I'm afraid it's true: the passwords for protecting galleries were lost and we're in the process of restoring from backup as quickly as we can. In the meantime, we rushed an email out to all customers to alert them.

We won't be able to restore passwords for the most recent galleries, so it's a good idea to check your galleries as quickly as possible.

We know how important security is and how bad this must be for many of our subscribers. After the repair, we'll look hard at what it will take to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2004
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • scrooksscrooks Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    In the meantime, we rushed an email out to all customers to alert them.

Hmm, still haven't gotten this email....

Not complaining, just pointing it out in case there might be a problem with your email list, or maybe there are just slow email servers tonight, or who knows what.
    --
    Steve Crooks
    Steve.Crooks.net
  • timsimstimsims Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2004
    "Rushed out" an e-mail?
    I haven't received this "rushed" e-mail either.
  • scrooksscrooks Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2004
    Got the email last night at 12:13am. If you're dumping a lot of email all at once it can take a while to get through the queue, so I expect that was the delay. No biggee.
    --
    Steve Crooks
    Steve.Crooks.net