Options

Lame attempts at Oops

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
edited November 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I accompanied a group of band students on a community service project yesterday to place wreaths by every headstone at the local veteran's cemetery. I wasn't trying to get any oops shots out of this, but I had plenty of opportunities if I'd just thought about it.:huh

When I got home and looked through the pics I took, I did find a few unintentional oops. I don't think any are entry-worthy though.

1. Photographer shadow in pic. This did give me an idea for a re-shoot today, but alas, the sun nevered showed itself here today doggone it.
726896280_JXEyp-M.jpg

2. Overexposed/wrong camera settings. Trying to get a group shot before the kids disbursed.
726275349_yVULd-M.jpg

3. This one, I was actually trying NOT to get the photographer in the background in the shot. Argh. I can also think of lots of other things wrong with this shot, but it still isn't a strong oops to me.:dunno
726319884_yiX6A-M.jpg

Unfortunately, this is all I have. I'll gladly accept any c&c for these and/or helpful hints for next time.

Thanks,
Sherry

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    None strongly say OOOPS, but I like the one of the wreathes and headstones. I thought the oops was going to be the second headstone from the bottom right that has a wreathe on the front and back.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Thanks. I agree they don't show a real strong oops factor, but this is all I had going this week. :cry

I think the headstone with the wreath on the front & back was a double grave. The spouse's name was on the back side. Some spouses had their own headstone, so I don't know why some markers were double-sided and others were seperate.

I'm glad you liked that third shot, though. Thanks for that. It was a beautiful sight to see all those white headstones with the wreaths. It almost took your breath away.

Here's another view. No oops here either though (unless we go with less than stellar camera settings).
    726282197_jepVV-M.jpg

Thanks again for your input. I guess I'll be waiting to see what the next topic is. <sigh>

Sherry
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Sherry- I like this second headstone shot even better. I'd crop out the people and clone out the cars. It's very peaceful with the landscape in the distant background.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Second picture is cool. what if you sucked the shadow out of the first one and stuck it in this one as the oops? Is that cheating?
    or erased a wreath?
    no?
    What nice kids to put out wreaths though.
    Anna