Options

C&C #38 Trying Something Else

fotomomfotomom Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited November 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
725469533_sCkvY-M.jpg

Without me predisposing you, does anyone get why this is an oops?

This was unplanned. I took the picture and then when I looked on the computer I realized the problem and reshot.

725475295_DsDMs-S.jpg

This is another real oops. The mother in front of me at Johnny's Thanksgiving program kept moving and inserting her head into my shot. The blur is her blonde hair:-) I have other photos where her head takes up half the frame but is not blurred anywhere near as much but then of course the focus and lighting are way thrown off.

Is either of these worth submitting?

Thanks...
Maryann

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    I don't get the oops with the elf.

However, the second shot is definitely an oops. I like that you can see the child's face among the blurred patterns.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    fotomomfotomom Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Germs Make Me Sick
    I don't get the oops with the elf.

However, the second shot is definitely an oops. I like that you can see the child's face among the blurred patterns.

Chris

Thanks for confirming what I figured...the oops for the elf shot was too subtle. I took the picture and then was looking on the computer and immediately cracked up that the title of the book right next to the elf was "Germs Make Me Sick". I just thought that was a lousy title for a 'Christmas' picture. I traded out a few books and reshot:-)

I entered the 2nd shot.

Thanks...
    Maryann
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    As soon as you said "See if you can find it," I began looking at the books. That is sort of funny, to have such strangely titled books in the background of this picture.