Options

Ice hockey reflections...

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited November 30, 2009 in Sports
I spent the last few days hanging over the glass, on a step ladder in the penalty box, shooting the RI Panthers Girls and Women's Thanksgiving Ice Hockey Tournament and while the goal is to shoot the kids as best as you can - you can only work with what they give you - but I always look for a shot or two for myself...and this was my present to me.

From the U14 girls final ( New jersey Colonials against Assabet 14), and here the alternate goalkeeper is, from the bench, watcher her team in the offensive zone.

Hope you enjoy.

728037256_63kue-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    I like it. Too bad you could quite stretch any further out to produce even more reflection, but the shot works nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    A risk worth taking...
    :)

Yep, I felt like I was hanging over the glass a little bit too far but I saw the shot composition and took the risk; and it was risky because to take the shot I was blind to the game which was going on behind me. I had to wait until she moved into this position and it seemed like an eternity and, fortunately, no stray puck came my way.

George

I like it. Too bad you could quite stretch any further out to produce even more reflection, but the shot works nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.