Options

Someone Else need input on logos from LogoNerds

StinaStina Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited December 1, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I just got my concepts from LogoNerds and was just wanting some outside input. I'm not sure I am wild about any of them but just wanted some others to take a look.

Hear is my web site www.jcphotography.us

725310626_DR5s9-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    Of the group, looking at your website first... I like #4. Clean, elegant. Might want to play with different colors in the square though.
    --Kres
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited November 28, 2009
    What look are you after? Are you trying to give your potential customers an idea of what type of photography you offer? Because none of these logos look like anything but a re-arrangement of J&C Photography, with Photography de-emphasized by the use of small letters. The extra "decoration" accompanying 5 of the 6 logos does nothing for me, and in fact pulls my eyes away from the name.

--- Denise
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    I agree with Denise, personally I don't like any of them. If you had to pick between these 6, I would say #6. if you have the ability, I'd say do it again.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    iShineiShine Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 28, 2009
    Yeah, I agree with the others too... none of these are very exciting.

I see SOME potential in #5, but the adjustments I would make (other than losing that really ugly ornament) are easier done than said... [yes, I meant to say that.] :)

Andi
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    Agree with what's been said but would lean toward #6 at this point. Clean, the most sleek and not overdone.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2009
    Thanks for the input. The only one I even liked a little was #4. I wasn't sure if I was being too picky or not. I do portrait, wedding, and some sports photography. I just want a logo to use on the website as a header, watermark and for other business applications. I know sometimes companies have logos that "say something" but since it will be used as a website header I hoping they are more looking at my photos than the logo but I do want it to be nice. I am planning on ordering new business cards from moo.com. They would have a photo on one side and the logo with my website and phone number on the other. I guess I'll see what logonerds will do this is just the first run and according to their website revisions are free.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited November 29, 2009
    Stina wrote:
    ...I guess I'll see what logonerds will do this is just the first run and according to their website revisions are free.
    Unless you give them some strong direction as to your desired look, I suspect that you will just get more of the same generic logos.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2009
    Unless you give them some strong direction as to your desired look, I suspect that you will just get more of the same generic logos.

--- Denise

After looking at the first set of designs I have afew ideas and I hope with that I can guide them to what will work for me. Thanks again for everyones comments. Hopefuly I'll have something new soon and maybe asking once again for your help.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Stina wrote:
    After looking at the first set of designs I have afew ideas and I hope with that I can guide them to what will work for me. Thanks again for everyones comments. Hopefuly I'll have something new soon and maybe asking once again for your help.
    Also, a quick Google image search on the phrase "jc photography" shows several people using that as their tag. Not saying you shouldn't either, but sometimes your business name could/should be unique to stand out from others.
  • Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    You get what you pay for. Maybe a real designer would help you and design a logo that represents you.
  • Options
    JessyJessy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    I agree (as one of those 'real designers' mentioned) I'm not fond of any of the options. From what I read on their website you can ask them to go back and do a redesign.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Also, a quick Google image search on the phrase "jc photography" shows several people using that as their tag. Not saying you shouldn't either, but sometimes your business name could/should be unique to stand out from others.

I have come to realize that there are quite a few other business that use some form of J&C Photography. I did consider changing the name but I've used that for just over 5 years now and there is not another one by the same name anywhere close to where I am. My last name is one people always misspell so I've opted to just stick with J&C Photography at least for the near future. Thank you for taking the time to look it up, I am always so thankful for the extra that people on this message board do to help each other.