Options

The people you can meet at the pub

MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
edited December 2, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Taking a break from cycling, we stopped at The Ear Inn in NYC - turned out we met some pretty interesting people who didn't mind having their picture taken :thumb All straight from the camera, no flash, no post processing. All C&C welcome :bow (But I am a n00b so go gentle ;-) )

724735180_VZHve-L.jpg
Lyne Ramsay - director of Ratcatcher (if you don't know it, look it up on IMDB)

724737059_EDKyM-L.jpg
Her husband - a cool guy

724745864_HenSV-L.jpg
Local character who was 'interesting'... and a cute dog :D

724748628_dZBbf-L.jpg
Micky, the Irish bartender playing up for the camera

724750677_MAhNm-L.jpg
Mavette with one of the bartenders son, in the phone booth which now holds the ATM

724739337_Qi9a4-L.jpg

724743553_nmMar-L.jpg

And a couple extra of Mavette :clap

There were pics from later in the evening - but as I got more drunk, the photos got progressively less sharp :scratch :rofl

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited November 28, 2009
    Hi Mav,

I don´t see the pics. Check to see that external linking is enabled in your gallery.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2009
    Thanks Richard - shoud be working now thumb.gif
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    I really like the last two. Number 4 is good as well, although the framing is kind of strange. The other photos are either underexposed, overexposed, or in the case with the man and the dog, appear to be soft.

I should also say that, with what you had, not bad.
  • Options
    warpig602warpig602 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    This is a great idea. I have managed a bar for the last 5 years and have never thought about this. There are definitely some real characters that come in there.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2009
    I really like the last two. Number 4 is good as well, although the framing is kind of strange. The other photos are either underexposed, overexposed, or in the case with the man and the dog, appear to be soft.

I should also say that, with what you had, not bad.

Thanks for the feedback - glad you like the pics of Mavette iloveyou.gif

I have a couple questions - when you say the framing is strange in pic 4, what did you mean by that? Should I have put his face more to one side perhaps? And when you say: Not bad with what I had... are you referring to my kit? the lighting? the people?
    warpig602 wrote:
    This is a great idea. I have managed a bar for the last 5 years and have never thought about this. There are definitely some real characters that come in there.

Absolutely!! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    warpig602 wrote:

Actually, a woman named Sarah Stolfa, who tended bar at a dump in Philadelphia, did a book of portraits of her regulars, called, oddly enough, The Regulars. Jonathan Frazen wrote the intro. There are allot of the photos on her website.

Trevor-Butler.jpg

Image (c) Sarah Stolfa
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed