Options

Homeless Reading

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited December 3, 2009 in Street and Documentary
715004414_uZtqA-L.jpg

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    715004414_uZtqA-L.jpg

Don

1. Don't know that this belongs here; 2. How do we know from the photo that this is anything other than a book that's been tossed away at, say at a camp ground; 3. If this belongs here, and If the photo provided a hint that this is what the caption says it is, what did this look like before the post processing in PhotoShop? Just wondering...:ivar
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    1. Don't know that this belongs here; 2. How do we know from the photo that this is anything other than a book that's been tossed away at, say at a camp ground; 3. If this belongs here, and If the photo provided a hint that this is what the caption says it is, what did this look like before the post processing in PhotoShop? Just wondering...:ivar
    You don't, but this was withing 20 ft of this 'Lounge':

715005188_rAWHh-L.jpg

Was going to post later in another thread after some B&W work. I don't do PSCS. This is all LR2.5. High Clarity and steepened Contrast Curve and little else. Book was 20 or so from this spot in a 'sleeping area' off railway.

More at Grunge Street.

Don

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2009
    Here's a B&W version of the 'Lounge'.

715572339_dSotF-L.jpg

Don
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    What an intersting place, but a place I'd be so afraid to take photos at. I hope you had a big dog with you :D

I like your book photo, along with the photo taken maybe under a bridge? Gotta wonder how they get the stuff they gather up to this place headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Thanks for looking. No dog, Nobody else. Daytime! It is actually fairly open and very close to 'the real world'. The other side of that wall is in this image.

267061894_ABtAA-L-1.jpg

Don
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    The chair and matress image works for me. I like the color version better because I think the grafiti adds to the image. The book image is powerful but without the environment and caption it is just an old verses new image for me. These are just my opinions, and like all opinions they are subjective.
    BD and you are correct about the book, but the only way, in this situation to make that work would be to do a 'set-up'. I try to avoid that for this stuff.ne_nau.gif

By the way I found an older image of the same books from May of this year, so they have definitely been there awhile!

:D

Don
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Thanks for looking. No dog, Nobody else. Daytime! It is actually fairly open and very close to 'the real world'. The other side of that wall is in this image.

267061894_ABtAA-L-1.jpg

Don

Funny how one side of the wall the house keeping is dirty and messy while on the other side its all spiffy clean.

Not a clue what this is, but I'm hoping you'll tell me :D
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Funny how one side of the wall the house keeping is dirty and messy while on the other side its all spiffy clean.

Not a clue what this is, but I'm hoping you'll tell me :D
    Some kind of pumping mechanism on a tanker car on a longgggg.... line of tanker cars. P&W Railroad.

Don
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    This is looking the otherway on the line of cars!

267062613_8pReq-L-1.jpg

Don
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    Who would of thought something on a train would be so clean rolleyes1.gif

I like that you posted photos of what was around the area. It gives me some kind of perspective of where you were.
  • Options
    gregmartingregmartin Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    I love this shot. And yes, it does with my games room fella!

Great work clap.gif
    Life is really really good. :thumb

EMail : greg_m@hotmail.co.uk
    SmugMug: http://www.gregmartin.co.uk