Options

More cobranding...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited June 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
The cobranding wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many parts that were either locked out (i.e. that don't have a class associated with them) or have a class that is associated with another, unrelated item. Lots of times I would alter one object's class to find to my shagrin that something else had changed and it meant that I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Anyhow, I was able to figure a lot of stuff out. Have a looksee at my website and tell me what you think would you?

www.mikelanephotography.com

Thanks
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 27, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    The cobranding wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many parts that were either locked out (i.e. that don't have a class associated with them) or have a class that is associated with another, unrelated item. Lots of times I would alter one object's class to find to my shagrin that something else had changed and it meant that I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Anyhow, I was able to figure a lot of stuff out. Have a looksee at my website and tell me what you think would you?

www.mikelanephotography.com

Thanks
    Hi Mike :)

I think your site is great! I really love the mouseover effects on your links at the top, i.e., black and white to color (however, the links aren't working for me - click and nothing happens). And the way you did your searches is very nice.

Layout is nice! Seems you figured a bunch of things out. Like, how did you change the background color of the shopping cart, comment box, etc?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    You're doing a great job on the site!

Only bad thing I can say is about the pain in my neck from viewing the Thai photos :D - they are great btw!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005

I think your site is great! I really love the mouseover effects on your links at the top, i.e., black and white to color (however, the links aren't working for me - click and nothing happens). And the way you did your searches is very nice.

Layout is nice! Seems you figured a bunch of things out. Like, how did you change the background color of the shopping cart, comment box, etc?
    Thanks for the input on my site! I haven't actually implemented the links as of yet (you know since there isn't anywhere to send someone when they click the link just yet).

If you have firefox with the webdeveloper plugin you can alter the css dynamically and non-permanently. The changes you make are only visible to you and only until you close the css editor window so it really makes things easy. Fiddle around with the CSS until you get it how you want it, copy and paste that into your cobranding page and you're all set.

Anyhow, here is what you should put into your cobranding if you want your buttons to show up just like mine do.
    .buttons { background-color: #c0c0c0; font-family: Century Gothic, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: black; border-style:solid; border-color: #202020; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:-2px}

and the following will change your cart stuff...
    .toolbox { background-color: #c0c0c0; border: 2px solid #202020; font-family: Century Gothic, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #202020; }

My whole css code is of course in my source.:D

Mike
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 27, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:

My whole css code is of course in my source.:D

Mike

Ya know, eventually I would have viewed the source ... but that's what happens at 5 am in the morning ... the mind isn't functioning yet - Laughing.gif.

Thank you for giving me the codes. Much appreciated. And also, for the tip on the web developer tools for Firefox. I've always wished SmugMug had a "preview" before saving in the cobranding area, so this extension is fabulous!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    BenVBenV Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Okay... might as well.

Here's mine: www.vigilphotography.com

---
    BenV