Options

How did he process these images?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 3, 2009 in Finishing School
There is a post in the People forum and I really love the post work that the photog used on photos 1, 2, 5, & 6.

Here is a link: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=152007

I specifically like the soft focus on the non-essential portions of the image. It really emphasizes the focal points of the image. I suspect he is using some surface or gaussian blur and mask out the portions he wants to be sharp. Do you think I am correct or is he doing something else?

I also enjoy the punchy colors because I don't find them over the top. Is he simply adjusting the vibrance or maybe selectively saturating certain colors???
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    The EXIF data of these images shows a very large aperture, f/1.4, was used, hence the very shallow DOF. You might want to ask the OP of that thread directly how he processed the color part.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Looks like the Glamour Glow filter from Nik software's Color EFex Pro to me.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Looks like the Glamour Glow filter from Nik software's Color EFex Pro to me.

Maybe... I have that and have used it. I think he may be masking it in since it's not applied to the face and other areas.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Just looks softened and oversaturated to me.