4)
732251703_XvQ5W-L.jpg

5)
732251487_RSgai-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    Very neat. I like #4 the best because we can see her eyes. The expression in #2 is very nice. I thought #5 had the overall cleanest composition, but I can't articulate why.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited December 5, 2009
    Nice, crisp images and good conversion. As a series, it's perhaps a little repetitive. I would leave out #2 (because it's rather unflattering) and #3 (because it is quite similar to #4, but you can't see her eyes).
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    1)

Nice series, Jen. I'd lose 2. Unfortunately I have to disagree with Richard on the processing, which I find to be too harsh. But that's a minor point.clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Nice series, Jen. I'd lose 2. Unfortunately I have to disagree with Richard on the processing, which I find to be too harsh. But that's a minor point.clap.gifclap.gif

I like 1, 4, and 5. Great study of a great face. I think the treatment works because it accentuates the character in the face. Maybe a tad too harsh, but not by much, imo, anyway.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Pick one. I disagree with B.D. about 2. It's as strong as the others. Those teeth.

Processing is fine. It's harsh sunlight and the processing shows good allocation of contrast to the most important parts of the image.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Thanks for the comments everyone. We've had clear blue skies in Shanghai for the last couple of days. Regrettably I'm still not 100%, recovering from the flu over the last two weeks so I haven't been able to take full advantage.

I took about 20 images, from a few angles, of her at the Majong table on the corner of a street I often walk down. I was in "big camera' mode, but surprisingly I was given very little notice. I think people are getting used to me in area after a year of wandering their streets. The treatment probably does border on overly harsh, but I really wanted to draw attention to her facial features.