The Hunters of Greenland...

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in Street and Documentary
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    very nice find! I enjoyed those very much. I really like the one of the dog near the end.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    very nice find! I enjoyed those very much. I really like the one of the dog near the end.

Some very strong images - though I could do without the damn camera tilt. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Some very strong images - though I could do without the damn camera tilt. rolleyes1.gif

Ah yes, that damn camera tilt kills you every time! rolleyes1.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Love these - especially love that they are all done, boldly and proudly, in BW. Stunning images.
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    Ah yes, that damn camera tilt kills you every time! rolleyes1.gif
    rolleyes1.gif Well, what's sad is that this photography is very strong over all, and the images don't gain anything by his having tilted the camera. In fact, given the settings in which the images were taken, they cause me to wonder if a building was tilted, or the ice was tilted, and it probably wasn't.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Well, what's sad is that this photography is very strong over all, and the images don't gain anything by his having tilted the camera. In fact, given the settings in which the images were taken, they cause me to wonder if a building was tilted, or the ice was tilted, and it probably wasn't.

What's sadder is I never noticed the tilt. eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    sara505 wrote:
    What's sadder is I never noticed the tilt. eek7.gif
    I noticed it right away. Sometimes I like it, in these I feel as though they would've been stronger without the tilt.

The ice may have been tilted, but I as well doubt that is the case.

The other night I was taking some long exposures of Christmas lights in a park. And I noticed that my pictures were tilted slightly. The camera was perfectly level according to the gauges on my tripod. But, I never realized that the lights were on a hill... so I had to adjust. Maybe they just didn't adjust? Doubt it though.
    Jer