Options

DSS #39: Initial Thought C&C Please

HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's one concept I've been working up, since it's the holidays: Paper Snowflakes. I'm hoping to shoot some further ideas, but never know if the schedule will permit execution. So what do you think?

734912562_as5CM-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I like the concept! I think you need to work it more. This image doesn't wow me.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I like the concept! I think you need to work it more. This image doesn't wow me.

Thanks for the feedback, which confirms my sense of it as well. Decent test piece, but not the final product. Have to see where I can take it. Open to any suggestions, inspirations.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback, which confirms my sense of it as well. Decent test piece, but not the final product. Have to see where I can take it. Open to any suggestions, inspirations.

I like the idea of a paper snowflake. The background doesn't work for me though, it competes with the snowflake. Maybe something simpler, somehow get just the papersnowflake hanging from a little tree branch.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    I like the idea of a paper snowflake. The background doesn't work for me though, it competes with the snowflake. Maybe something simpler, somehow get just the papersnowflake hanging from a little tree branch.

I like that idea. Thank you.

I also have six or seven teenagers looking for a Christmas card photoshoot this weekend. They may get co-opted into this Challenge!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    ... Or you can just make a "session" of cutting paper snowflakes on a table, with some scissors (plastic maybe),
    a lot of cut pieces of paper (a mess) and the kids enjoying doing this for Christmas decorations...

- am I going too far with the imagination? headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    ... Or you can just make a "session" of cutting paper snowflakes on a table, with some scissors (plastic maybe),
    a lot of cut pieces of paper (a mess) and the kids enjoying doing this for Christmas decorations...

- am I going too far with the imagination? headscratch.gif

Definitely not too far with the imagination. I was considering pulling out the camera when I was making snowflakes with my daughter and niece, but I didn't want to break the rhythm of the project. There are sometimes when the camera just feels intrusive. But, yes, a paper snowflake cutting session could be a fun shoot. Something along the lines of "Making a White Christmas Dream Come True". Thanks for your thoughts.