Options

First of 3 MC#6 ideas

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited December 9, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have 3 ideas I'm going to try and shoot. Hopefully I'll get through them all in time. Here's a couple shots from my first one.

Your C&C on photos and name would be greatly appreciated.

Delicious

729464768_QcLSB-M.jpg

729457100_BCjQF-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Hey Dave,
    They do look delicious and now I want chocolate.

#1--I like the shot but what is that in the background--looks like small santa legs with black boots--I find it distracting.

I like #2, I don't know about shooting food so maybe some of the experienced folks will comment --maybe shoot from a lower vantage point.

They do say delicious to me though.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Hey Dave,
    They do look delicious and now I want chocolate.

#1--I like the shot but what is that in the background--looks like small santa legs with black boots--I find it distracting.

I like #2, I don't know about shooting food so maybe some of the experienced folks will comment --maybe shoot from a lower vantage point.

They do say delicious to me though.
    I agree with Liz here. I think #1's background is a bit distracting. Keep in mind, the theme is "one word" which means distractions will be a major no, no. I like the lighting in both of them.

#2 looks pretty nice, but I would experiment with the lighting some more to add some warmer colors in. Have you tried using candles inside some colored glasses to light up your subject with (without actually capturing the candles themselves)? I think it will completely transform the image and make it look warmer.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    now I'm hungry mwink.gif #2 looks really good
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2009
    Thanks everyone. I used a relfective umbrella and may try it again using a shoot through to see if it makes a difference. May also try Allens suggestion as well.

I'll keep at it and then have some other ideas as well.
  • Options
    HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Great word choice, "delicious." And your images definitely convey that. I prefer the more restricted lighting, focus and background of #2. The highlights on the chocolate and strawberries from the reflective umbrella are nice. Maybe a little gold foil reflector or an amber gel on the flash would warm things up.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    Great word choice, "delicious." And your images definitely convey that. I prefer the more restricted lighting, focus and background of #2. The highlights on the chocolate and strawberries from the reflective umbrella are nice. Maybe a little gold foil reflector or an amber gel on the flash would warm things up.

Thanks Halite, appreciate the input.
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Yep #2 looks "delicious".
    And no fair, I'm on a diet and just looking at these added at least 3 poundsrolleyes1.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Keep working on two. Try different crops, lighting and dof. I think you are on a good track.
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    yum. prefer #2, but it might be cool to see different perspectives, crops. of course, if it were me, the desert would be gone by now and no reshoot would be possible. oh well. just need to get another one!