Options

Your guess...How old is the baby?

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited December 10, 2009 in People
Okay...just curious about this..How old does this baby seem to you?

I tried 3 different processing styles with these. Any CC would also be very welcome! THANKS in advance :D

FirstChristmas2Thumnail.jpg

NewBlanketProp.jpg

Croppedxmasfav.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Okay, I will take a stab at this one. With all the kids we have it should be pretty simple to tell but ???

I will say six months!

What is the prize for the winner?mwink.gif
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    Rhondavid....Six months you say? Nope....kinda cold. Keep guessing!!!!:D And the winner gets......Drumroll please....A big CONGRATS from yours truly!

And I'm all ears for CC on these too. I'm putting together a book for his first birthday with all of my favorites. I didn't get too many comments for the shots I posted a few days ago...Just culling through the photos to get the best of the best and trying to enhance them for the book with some PP. Never easy when you have a gazillion photos, lol!

Also curious about likes/dislikes for the processing style in 2.

THANKS you all! :)
    rhondavid wrote:
    Okay, I will take a stab at this one. With all the kids we have it should be pretty simple to tell but ???

I will say six months!

What is the prize for the winner?mwink.gif
  • Options
    Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    My favourite is number 1. I lke the B&W and I like, what seems to be, the little smirk on his face. He seems very peaceful. Number 3 is very nice also, but because of the way he is sleeping, the mouth seems a bit awkward to me. My two cents! Nice job!

Joe

PS. I'm going to guess 10 days old.
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    Thanks Joe. I like #1 the best too, so that will probabally get a whole page....Thanks for the age guess too...this is FUN for me :D MORE guesses from you all plz!
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Ditto on #1. The expression is priceless and those eyelashes are amazing!

8 weeks?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Adorable little boy. I, too, like #1 the best. That said, I also like the treatment in #2. It works for the baby and it also tames the blanket/throw in the background so it doesn't distract from his adorable face.

I think that adbsicom is pretty close. I'm going to guess 1 month.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I have to agree that #1 is just adorable! My guess would be somewhere between a week and a half to 2 weeks old.

I think everyone that is guessing a lot older is basing their guess on the apparent size of the baby. The recent photos posted are close-ups, and the baby appears to be much larger. If you look at her previous thread deal.gif (3 days ago), she stated that the baby was somewhere between 5 to 10 days old. :D

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Such a beautiful set. Awesome work! 6 weeks old!
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I agree, adorable photos iloveyou.gif

I'll go with 3 months :D
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I really love #1. Such a great shot of a cute baby.

If Gary is correct and he is only a couple weeks old, that kid is a monster. What are they feeding that kid?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    2 weeks
    Not really sure on age, but I know I like the set. Love #1 -- great capture of those eyelashes and the treatment works really well. Also like what you did in 2.
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I love the softness and sweetness the photo gives off. I'm going older and going to say 1 yr.
    Courtney
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I'm still considering my guess, but it's not a newborn. The photos in the other post are from when the child was newborn 10 months ago, assuming this is the same child.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2009
    HEY all!
    Thanks for the comments. #1 seems to be very popular. I posted on my photostream and it got placed in a gallery for the world's best photos! Laughing.gif! I'll take any encouragment I can get :D I did like that capture personally. And so....the winner is....well no one. It was taken 2 days ago so he is 10 months :D I emailed this photo to my husband as I do with photos that I'm working on...and he thought it was from last winter when he was a month or so old! I think when they are asleep babies ALL look the same age...no hair, chubby cheeks, peaceful. This little boy had a round face from day 1 so that is why Dad thought he was so young too... BUT I think the dead giveaway is the eyelashes. Newborns and very young babies don't have eyelashes visible...and certainly not this thick. With closeups it is extrememly hard to tell the age. The teeny bodies even look big if there isn't a frame of reference---like a parent's hand etc. I'll be posting some more for his book soon for CC...looks like #1 will be in there for sure. THANKS for making this fun :)