Options

Downtown wedding .....

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited December 9, 2009 in Weddings
Hi there.

Thought I'd share a wedding, it's been a while :D

Feel free to check out the blog, have more pics there .... The ceremony was ... a mess! The couple decided to stand on a staircase, whit the WHOLE family! I don't even want to tell you how packed it was. At some point the flower girls were standing right in front of the couple, so I didn't see a thing .... Yeah, so much to having to count with the worst scenario sometimes. BUT the couple was really nice and I think we got some pretty nice shots ...

Oh, and a special thanks to my second shooter entropy07 :barb

1a:

688336359_GTSNq-X2.jpg

1b:

688348388_xGW2a-L.jpg

2: Have I mentioned I how much I love detail shots? :D
688348501_UFZ3M-L.jpg

3:
688348719_GmXL8-L.jpg

4:
688336597_LbA3u-X2.jpg

5:
688348811_fhhRn-L.jpg

6:
688348904_DggAn-L.jpg
7:

688353270_X9DyW-L.jpg

8:
688353485_6NvTw-L.jpg

9: Burned the whites a bit in this one, but like it anyway ...
688355603_wB5Bg-L.jpg

10:
688356004_JuFDH-L.jpg

11:

688353677_AWvcJ-X2.jpg

12: (yup, need to fix the right side in this one ...) :rolleyes
688355870_aiJ4U-L.jpg

13:
688357105_JyokL-L.jpg

14:
688357609_bpgHW-L.jpg

15:
688359117_5EAEm-L.jpg

16:

688361717_RNKxG-L.jpg

17:
688365283_dHttH-L.jpg

18:
688365544_75Bmy-L.jpg
19:

688368174_e7Uik-L.jpg

20:
688369614_ZSGfu-L.jpg

21:
688371506_A83uW-L.jpg

22:
688337022_DqNAQ-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    entropy07entropy07 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Laughing.gif I totally have to second the craziness of the ceremony. The coordinator at the restaurant showed me a back way and I snuck upstairs and managed to shoot down and get a little bit past the whole family blocking the scene. I'll post up my pix in a couple of days :D And the lighting in the restaurant was horrible! It went from half-lit to completely dark and the room was cavernous so bouncing was difficult.

Working with Agnieszka was so fun!
    Nikon D700, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.8, SB-900
    Site
    Blog
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    entropy07 wrote:
    And the lighting in the restaurant was horrible! It went from half-lit to completely dark and the room was cavernous so bouncing was difficult.

Ohhhh, don't even get me there rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, ANGIE!! iloveyou.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I was just looking through your blog, and the wedding under this one, the ball and chain ring shot.....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif .... I love it!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    I finallly figured out what it is about your "look" that's so alluring. It's...springy, fresh, light, airy, white but colorful. These are a perfect representation of your style....just beautifully laid out and shot. I'm also loving the shallow DOF of these. Masterfully done. thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    I was just looking through your blog, and the wedding under this one, the ball and chain ring shot.....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif .... I love it!

Haha, yeah .... I couldn't believe he actually came in with one (looked pretty old too), haha rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    I finallly figured out what it is about your "look" that's so alluring. It's...springy, fresh, light, airy, white but colorful. These are a perfect representation of your style....just beautifully laid out and shot. I'm also loving the shallow DOF of these. Masterfully done. thumb.gif

Aw, thanks Dave! Doesn't work for all weddings, I just had one were I was a bit lost with the post processing. Having couples that are getting ready & married in pretty places definitely helps mwink.gifiloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    10-11-14-15-16 woooohooooo! I'm a "sucka" for the detail stuff as well. Really great job Angie. thumb.gif

I have to ask...and it may be an unspoken rule to not explain, so feel free to tell me to take a hike, but....the collages, how do you create them? Downloadable templates - A PS add-on? - Other software? I mean I can throw 6 photos together, sure. These however, have very crisp borders and are nicely aligned, etc.

Quite frankly, it's just one more thing that you and Pat both perform superbly that I would like to emmulate. bowdown.gif

?? ?? ?? ?? :D
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:

Swartzy nailed it! nice work!
  • Options
    MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Ooh...just saw these on your blog! So pretty! I love number 6!
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    10-11-14-15-16 woooohooooo! I'm a "sucka" for the detail stuff as well. Really great job Angie. thumb.gif

I have to ask...and it may be an unspoken rule to not explain, so feel free to tell me to take a hike, but....the collages, how do you create them? Downloadable templates - A PS add-on? - Other software? I mean I can throw 6 photos together, sure. These however, have very crisp borders and are nicely aligned, etc.

Quite frankly, it's just one more thing that you and Pat both perform superbly that I would like to emmulate. bowdown.gif

?? ?? ?? ?? :D

Oh haha. No, Im lazy ... I guess you I'd just do it with guidlines, instead I figured out the perfect sized "8"x"8" grid, and throw sixteen 2x2 pics in there ... and click the "right / down arrow" twice for perfect spacing :D Really nothing fancy ... thumb.gif And just for a lazy person.

Guidelines are probably the correct way to go mwink.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Hi there.

At some point the flower girls were standing right in front of the couple, so I didn't see a thing ....

So Angie, we've never met and now I'm currious... are you really so small that you can't see over a flower girl? Ha! Well your work is huge for sure. Really nice stuff here and as was said already this is very true to form for your style as I have seen it. Really nice work here. I especially like the shots of them in amongst the concrete collums and the 2nd reflection shot is really nice. It's the brick pavers and leaf that does it I think! Supa nice stuff!

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    So Angie, we've never met and now I'm currious... are you really so small that you can't see over a flower girl? Ha! Well your work is huge for sure. Really nice stuff here and as was said already this is very true to form for your style as I have seen it. Really nice work here. I especially like the shots of them in amongst the concrete collums and the 2nd reflection shot is really nice. It's the brick pavers and leaf that does it I think! Supa nice stuff!

matt

Haha. Well, I always thought I was tall ... maybe I'm just tall in my little world rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the nice comments mmmatt. This couple has been really fun to work with, and you don't find many couples that would be up for such a concrete background thumb.gif (hehe). It was a really fun wedding.

Thank you! iloveyou.gif

And thanks also Mishka & cj99si iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    akhakh Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    cj99si wrote:

THe pictures are beautiful. My favorite is #19 with the couple reflected from the water.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Really great stuff. I love what you did with the reflections and puddles.
    I like the very bright exposures throughout, gives it a mod edgy look.
    I really like the shot from above with the eye lash in focus, cool stuff.
    The couple is going to love these!
  • Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Great pictures!

It would not be Angie Scotson would it?
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    cj99si wrote:

All I can say is BRILLIANT!! I absolutely LOVE your style! bowdown.gif You have accomplished what a lot of people set out to do and fail. I can see one of your images and know it is yours without seeing your name on it. Well done!
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    Thanks zoomer (I love that shot. I didn't get to do any bride sitting by the window at y last wedding as my brde thought it wouldn't flatter her figure ... hmmmm, so I really missed it in my usual set)

Mr. Quiet (Angie Scotson? Nope ... but now I think I'm missing something ...) headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
    mpriest13 (ohhhhh, haha, that's good to hear, thank you iloveyou.gif)

I appreciate all the nice comments iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Nice to see some of your work again! :)

Don't you just love fall colors like in 19 & 20? I know I do!
  • Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks zoomer (I love that shot. I didn't get to do any bride sitting by the window at y last wedding as my brde thought it wouldn't flatter her figure ... hmmmm, so I really missed it in my usual set)

Mr. Quiet (Angie Scotson? Nope ... but now I think I'm missing something ...) headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
    mpriest13 (ohhhhh, haha, that's good to hear, thank you iloveyou.gif)

I appreciate all the nice comments iloveyou.gif

I have a friend whose name is Angie Scotson, so I thought you could be her......But if I would have looked your avatar I would have known....
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    sorry to revive an old thread, but I've just spend some good time looking at your work, Angie, and I have to say I'm quite impressed!

I was wondering about these 'collections':
    Agnieszka wrote:
    1a:

688336359_GTSNq-S.jpg

22:
    688337022_DqNAQ-S.jpg
    I saw some on your site, also.
    What do you do with them? Do you give them to your clients as 'photos'? Or are they used as cards somehow? or cover pages? or...? It's just that I've not really seen anything like them before.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    Oh, thanks Ivar iloveyou.gif

I actually don't offer them for sale anymore / nor do I put them on their DVDs ... I did last year, and they people seem to like them, but it became too time consuming this year and I just used them for my blog + for Thank You card designs if the couple couldn't decide on one pic and wanted to show different elements of a wedding.

I think they're awesome for blogs, as sometimes you don't want to show big versions of certain pics as I get's just too overwhelming (and you end up with too many pics per post), so they are a really good way to give a tasty taste of a wedding, without boring anybody ... I think ...

Hope that answered your question thumb.gif
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:

I actually don't offer them for sale anymore / nor do I put them on their DVDs ... I did last year, and they people seem to like them, but it became too time consuming this year and I just used them for my blog + for Thank You card designs if the couple couldn't decide on one pic and wanted to show different elements of a wedding.

I think they're awesome for blogs, as sometimes you don't want to show big versions of certain pics as I get's just too overwhelming (and you end up with too many pics per post), so they are a really good way to give a tasty taste of a wedding, without boring anybody ... I think ...

that's an awesome idea!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:

It does, thanks! :curtsey
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:

heh I was thinkging the EXACT same thing when I was lookiing through. light..airy!clap.gif love it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    heh I was thinkging the EXACT same thing when I was lookiing through. light..airy!clap.gif love it.

Thanks Qarik iloveyou.gif