Options

C and C for 39 please

ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited December 13, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Of all the shots I took and cropped I like this one the best.

I will let you see the shot before I state what the idea behind it is. It is sort of two photos in one hehe. The photo under the dollar and credit card is a photo I shot and then printed out on my litttle $99 printer.

738440301_Xe5wi-L.jpg
Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    The theme is the economy....

What do you think?
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Well you have a good idea, but someone else has already entered a shot using a credit card and paper money. It's a stronger entry (imho) so you might want to try something else.

You may still be able to make this idea work though as it is a little different. The color seems a little dull, so maybe brighten it up a little bit. Or try separating the dollar from the background photo. They just don't seem to complement each other (color-wise).

For what it's worth. I'm no expert though.

Sherry
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    OK, bare with me cuz I totally suck at giving feedback....
    I like your idea. My suggestions would be to have your background picture fill the frame to get rid of the white and black, which IMO don't really add anything to the photo. Then play around some more with placement of the $ and cc, making sure to cover up unnecessary words, so the words you want to highlight stand out more. Can you play around with the background photo any to punch it up a bit? It just seems to be a little muddy.
    Great start, just needs a little fine tuning. Hope that helps, and of course this is all just IMHO:D
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    Yeah my printer is not the best around. I want to do something that centers around the idea of the economy. I will work lightning tomorrow.

IC4? Are you talking about the Does It Matter? I put that in there to drive the point home but I can do something else. I have a different shot I will post after dinner.

Back in a bit.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2009
    Here are two other crops of the same photo.

738515890_Vqbqc-L.jpg

738516526_9bQnv-L.jpg
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I actually like the last image with the no credit in it. But the dollar seems to have a strange green cast to it. White balance maybe. I had thought of this theme in the begining but was going to inflation with an old credit card melting and a dollar burning up. But went with something else due to time constraints.
    Even if someone has used these props already it does not hurt to have duplication, may the best one win.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    Thanks...I am going to try a few more shots tomorrow and then make a decision.