Options

I do! I do! it again - Beijing and then to San Jose - 5D Mark II videos

GrinderGrinder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Weddings
Been a little hecktic flying back and forth for the past 2 weeks, have to love the same day edit since I can relax after the shoot!

First video down was shot on Dec 5th in Beijing, great couple, cute song! Fashion meets cinema! Then off to San Jose for another one Dec 12th, SDE is being fixed since my bride liked the song and now wants it changed to something she just dug up. No problem, I can bend a little for this beauty.

Now off to the hills this weekend and then take a visit with Santa to finish the season, but first another visit to las Vegas, shoot a 5D wedding and try to win some money back for the last time I played texas hold em!

Almost bought the new Tamron 28-300 since its the only lens that apprears to have wide and closeup abilities, yet I know its not a Canon L Lens, but nothing out yet for that. Not sure it will be a bad lense for me since I color grade anyway in FCP.

the first wedding as shot by myself and 2 5D Mark II DSLR. steadicam, glider, hand held with my co-invented follow focus which is still the smallest and best unit in its class from what I have seen.

Videos and be viewed at
http://www.vki-party.com/photo-fusion.html

have fun!

-G
Grinder
Cinematographer
www.vki-party.com

2 - 5D Mark II
2 - 24mm-105mm f/4
Canon 70mm-200mm f/2.8 IS L
Tamron 28mm-300mm f/3.5 / 6.3 XR Di
Canon 16mm-35mm f/2.8
Custom Rig
SteadiCam / Rails / Jibs
available for global travel

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    eek7.gif

Awesome like always! How were you able to do this by yourself with 2 5D2's? Awesome!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    eek7.gif

Awesome like always! How were you able to do this by yourself with 2 5D2's? Awesome!

Hi Moogle and the rest of the community,

Thanks firstly for the feedback, its always inspiring.
    I think the hardest part was making sure nothing got stolen, and if the two 5D's Mark II weren't enough, the rail, steadicam, tripods, lenses, and audio were a handful. I really managed with my ThinkTank Airport II and crammed everything in there and strapped the rest on the sides and just worked out of the box when I needed things.

It's a hustle, but I have been doing that for 20+ years as a videographer with tripods, camera's and audio, its not as easy as strapping two still camera's and lenses to some holsters and running around. I really can't strap anything on me since it rocks back and forth, sets me off balance and shakes the shot.

I should have someone film a "behind the scenes" to see how its done!, and its a "grind" (as for the name Grinder), but at least in China, its easy to get a massage after the gig!

So I just don't think about the pain while I am shooting and do my best to be in the right place at the right time with the right gear and settings.

I think what drives me is that I just want the shot and am not willing to quit until I get it.

-G

ps, my wife was with me, but she sprained her ankle and I did not want her carrying anything, yet she kept her eye on the gear from time to time. She is seen in a few scenes. She's at 2:54 in black directing everyone.
    Grinder
    Cinematographer
    www.vki-party.com

2 - 5D Mark II
    2 - 24mm-105mm f/4
    Canon 70mm-200mm f/2.8 IS L
    Tamron 28mm-300mm f/3.5 / 6.3 XR Di
    Canon 16mm-35mm f/2.8
    Custom Rig
    SteadiCam / Rails / Jibs
    available for global travel