Options

From Deep in my Archives

chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Hi Gang,

I haven't been getting out to shoot much lately so I've been going through my archives to see if I could find anything that might be resurrected. I found these two images taken in January and February of 2005 and I thought they might qualify as street photography.

When I took the first photo the first thing I noticed was the somewhat red neck cowboy practicing his guitar on the park bench. Then I realized the juxtaposition of him and the apparently middle class suburban nine to fiver playing with him. I'm guessing that they have nothing in common but it's the music that brings them together. (Yeah, I know ... if you have to explain it the photo is a failure.)

740776540_zediA-M.jpg

In the second shot I see an apparent transient taking a snooze while passing thorough our city and I thought he made for an interesting shot.

740780450_KkHum-M.jpg

These are also my first attempts at b&w conversion so some constructive comments there would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.
Chuck Cannova
www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged

Comments

• Options
    warpig602warpig602 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Im not experienced enought to critique your work but I will say that I like photo #2. Cant say why, just do.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Hi Gang,

I haven't been getting out to shoot much lately so I've been going through my archives to see if I could find anything that might be resurrected. I found these two images taken in January and February of 2005 and I thought they might qualify as street photography.

When I took the first photo the first thing I noticed was the somewhat red neck cowboy practicing his guitar on the park bench. Then I realized the juxtaposition of him and the apparently middle class suburban nine to fiver playing with him. I'm guessing that they have nothing in common but it's the music that brings them together. (Yeah, I know ... if you have to explain it the photo is a failure.)

In the second shot I see an apparent transient taking a snooze while passing thorough our city and I thought he made for an interesting shot.

These are also my first attempts at b&w conversion so some constructive comments there would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

I'll leave the conversion to Rutt...As to the images. Both could to with some cropping along the top and right hand side. Yes, they're technically street photography. I have to admit I don't quite see in the first one what you do. Definitely two guys sharing music, but they both have cowboy style hats; both are wearing similar footgear; and I'd suspect they're both suburban types. rolleyes1.gif I don't see allot here beyond a pleasant shot of two guys playing on a park bench. Perhaps if you'd been closer, or looked for a more interesting vantage point...

Image 2 I have a problem with. Maybe it's just me, but what it says to me is 'look at the fat guy.' I really don't see anything else here. Sorry. ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed