Options

Interested In Giving

Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited December 16, 2009 in The Big Picture
I was not for sure on where to place this, as into what category, so I am hoping this is ok here under the Challenge section.

If you are interested in being able to help a person/persons out in need this holiday season here is one way for us photographers to give back in life :)

I was just introduced to this site this morning and it has been something I have wanted to do for so long with my photography but just never had the means to over these past years...... till now :)

Help-Portrait
http://www.help-portrait.com

Help-Portrait is photographers all over the world on 12/12/2009 taking portraits for free! It's all about giving back to those who might be in need or have fallen on hard times in life. I was blessed with Smugmug giving me a gift of printing through them and I will be using that gift to give away to those who dont have as much as I do. So I just want to say to Smugmug Thank You from the bottom of my heart on your gift to me as it will touch so many lives and I Thank You For That! In so many ways Smugmug gave me something I have wanted to do for soooo long and that's so cool :thumb

I am already off on this mission and will be meeting with a food kitchen & rescue mission to see if I will be able to use a section of their building to do photos for free :) I am pretty excited about this as it's not about about me & my photography it's about bringing a smile to someones face with a free photo.

If your interested or just want to snoop ... please hit their page and watch the 1st video on the front page. It sure tugged at my heart strings and I can't wait for 12/12/2009 to be part of this movement.

Be Safe & Play Hard When Ya Can :photo
Angela

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Just joined up and found a group here in Gainesville, FL. Thank you so much for sharing!

I wonder whether this won't get moved to the 'people' section....

Is this something we should get model releases for?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    Just joined up and found a group here in Gainesville, FL. Thank you so much for sharing!

no need of releases.....unless you plan to sell images for advertising and such......................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:

Thank you for your post back :)

I had no clue on where to drop this post and I see it has been moved now and I send a shout out to helping me move where I needed to be =) you were on the lines I was on the people.. had no clue where to be, lol.

You should not need a model release as nothing will be sold. For me I will be taking the photos for free and will not be using any of them for my webpage or for promotion... just all about giving. I will go home and do my thing and print and go back and give them as gifts for the holidays.

It's really cool and I look forward to sharing what I can this Holiday thumb.gif

Angela
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 18, 2009
  • Options
    aaronbrownaaronbrown Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Getting together with a few guys here in Korea to shoot kids at an orphanage.
    Great cause!
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Thanks for the link! I signed up with my (somewhat) local group. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    So I did ask them about releases and they said ABSOLUTELY NOT and underlined it.

I was thinking that folks might want to put one or two pictures on their site as a little "here's a thing i do, it's great, here's how to find out more info", but I guess that doesn't jive with the spirit of the whole thing, so we'll just have to use words instead :D
    Webpage

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 19, 2009
    the rules clearly state you may not add the image to your portfolio or website
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    I must've been too excited initially to read the rules and overlooked that. My bad. :(

I guess I simply didn't view it as promoting myself but I thought it would be a way to promote the project so that others would know about it and provide two or three examples to show what the results were like...

Just want to make it clear that there was only good intention behind it and I promise to obey the rules iloveyou.gif
    Webpage

• Options
    edited December 14, 2009
    Hey guys, how did it go for you? It went pretty well for us - despite the fact that it was organized by college kids and I was the most experienced photog there... * sigh *

I think we had about 60 people for the day (between 10 and 2), so that was great!
    Webpage

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I participated here in San Jose CA. We had a darn good group and about 40 families came to be photographed.

The photos are being processed and will be printed and handed out on 12/19/09.

I am working on a collage and will post when done.

Sam
  • Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I participated in the one here in Orange County, CA. It was awesome.

Was being held at the Orange County Rescue Mission and we had about 50 photogs with all equipment...backgrounds, lights, umbrellas, softboxes, ring lights..you name it, we had it. Even had a make-up station with few make-up volunteers.

In total, I think we had close to 50 families with a total of 150 people come by.

I think it was organised very well by Jan(our group person).

Now, I have started my own group for the Inland Empire region. If you are in the region, please join. We need all help.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Here is a collage I made of the event at the Jubilee Outreach Pantry.

Sam
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
  • Options
    aaronbrownaaronbrown Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Three guys and myself shot all day at an orphanage in Seoul. All-in-all, it was a really fun day! There was so much laughter. We learned a lot about shooting kids and about general organization -- that's for sure! We're presenting the photos to them this coming Saturday and I'm working on my blog to follow shortly. I'll post a link when it's done for anyone interested.

Cheers!