726980221_VkSdt-L.jpg

726979136_qiK5n-L.jpg

726979019_JHCAD-L.jpg

726980352_CSkpV-L.jpg

726978864_swt5Y-L.jpg

726979933_r6zzH-L.jpg

726979642_Y8Q4X-L.jpg

The rest can be seen here:

http://www.holzphotoclient.com/Other/Melissa-and-Garrett/10478232_84jqF#726980221_VkSdt

and yes, i know you hate the watermark, but when these get plastered all over facebook, it works to my advantage. :)

Comments

• Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Well, I will chime in, for what it's worth.

1) Cool shot, although they are just so dang small in the photo. But it is a nice perspective.

2) It's ok for me, but I would have done a closer shot of them in front of that cool wall. Again, they seem to be a bit lost here in the frame.

3) Wow, she has a great tush. Nice photo composition here. Wow, what a great tush!

4) Fun photo. Definately a great addition to any e-session set.

5) Love this shot. The ring really pops. Great ring shot, IMO.

6) Another shot where they are so small in the frame. I see the artistry in these shots, but it just seems so often they are so small.

7) They are too bright and look like cutouts, IMO. I don't know, maybe someone else would say this is perfect. To me, it looks like they posed in front of a studio backdrop. I like the composition though.

Overall, the set doesn't show me any interaction really of their feelings for each other. It just comes accross to me as simply, photos of them.

My first e-session is in 6 days, so don't be shy about being just as hard on my me as I was you.

Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    weisel, i mix it up. i have close ones of them interacting, but i decided to pose the more wide angle ones.

i love shooting it wide.
  • Options
    CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Nice set here, and lots of great shots of this couple in your gallery as well.

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    # 6 is.....FANTASTIC! And one I don't mind admitting that I WILL BE stealing (borrowing) the idea for. :D Way to break the mold and use the wide angle to your advantage! I love how you almost NEED to search for the couple. We all know they're there somewhere. Then BAM, there they are, in a huge world, but all in their own! Outstanding shot! thumb.gif
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

#4 & #5 are to freaking awesome! Wow! #1 is pretty cool too.

#7 kind of breaks the theme of the set though....harsh, on-camera flash? Come on...you can obviously come up with something cooler than that. thumb.gif

Love, love, love these!
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

#4 & #5 are to freaking awesome! Wow! #1 is pretty cool too.

#7 kind of breaks the theme of the set though....harsh, on-camera flash? Come on...you can obviously come up with something cooler than that. thumb.gif

Love, love, love these!

I love the vibrant colors and great creativity in these, but I gotta agree w/ the comment above about #7, it's breaks w/ the theme of the rest.
  • Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    7 was just for fun.

it was dark. i thought what the heck, we'll try to get an exposure of them with car lights streaming down below.

maybe i failed, maybe i didn't.
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:
    7 was just for fun.

it was dark. i thought what the heck, we'll try to get an exposure of them with car lights streaming down below.

maybe i failed, maybe i didn't.

I don't think you failed at all. It's a cool shot, it just has a very different feel than the rest of the series. You're the artist - if you like it, you've succeeded. People are paying you for YOUR tastes, after all.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    I don't think I've ever seen a set like this. Very off the wall. It's always inspiring to see things mixed up a bit. Your skies are really well done and the ring shot is amazing. Great job! :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    I went to the web site to see the entire series. Very nice set of pictures. What were you using for fill on the evening and night pictures?