Options

Rainy Sydney

frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
edited December 19, 2009 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    #1 nice, but much more so in B&W than duotone.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    dychuidychui Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I love both of the photos and the duotone treatment. Do you mind sharing your BW conversion method?
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Both really evoke a chilly rainy day. I particularly like the first one. The framing works really well for me. The background keeps me looking at the picture without taking away from the people under the umbrella.

The second one is technically very nice. I think I would be tempted to try a square crop on it. This would bring the people closer to the viewer, while keeping your verticals and some of the misty tops of the buildings. I wonder if my preference for the first one has something to do with the fact that the people are not walking directly away from the camera in #1. ne_nau.gif

FWIW (which is about nada on this forum), I like the duo tone treatment of #1. That said, it would be a stunner is high contrast black and white.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I am really enjoying the strong lines of #2 much better than 1. I do agree with Virginia, though, that I'd be tempted to try a square crop. However, I think I'd crop off the bright skyline. The conversions are quite nice on both, though. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    thanks for all the input, much appreciated :)

dychui -it a pretty straight forward conversion, I used nikon capture NX2 Convert to B & W, added a Color stylizer "layer" which is pretty much a brownish sepia color layer and adjusted opacity and contrast

I will try the square crop.