Options

My first Dgrin post - snow-a-rama

WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
edited December 19, 2009 in Landscapes
Well, it's not my first post, per se, but it's the first image I've posted.

As you know (unless you don't watch TV, listen to the radio, or read newspapers or the internet), the east coast has been slammed by a record-setting snowstorm today, so I took a walk around the block and shot a few pics. At one point I stopped like Niagra Falls - slowly I turned, step by step, frame by frame...

I wasn't really going for anything with this shot, just taking some snapshots of a pretty scene.

[Click the pic to see the gigantic 4mb full-size version]th2009-12-19_Panorama.jpg

On this one, however, I was trying to show the solitude of this guy's walk in the midst of the blizzard - something with which I could sympathize, since I was the only other pedestrian in sight at the time.

th2009-12-19_014.jpg

Around the corner, these two guys from the maintenance staff were working hard to shovel the sidewalks of the apartment buildings, but took time out to help a resident get her car unstuck and parked in a mostly clear space.

th2009-12-19_030.jpg
What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"

Comments

• Options
    justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Nice
    Very nice images. Keep them coming.
    They really show how the east side is getting slammed.
    thumb.gif
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    The whole series is posted on my web page:
    http://willcad.org/photos/2009/2009-12-19/2009-12-19.html

Some of them are complete carp. I don't delete the flubs; I figure you can't learn from your mistakes if you delete them and pretend they never happened.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"