Options

Help with pix in LR2

AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited December 21, 2009 in Finishing School
This morning I was editing photos in my LR2....now I am coming back to finish and my LR is telling me my photos are either offline or missing.....and I can't for the life of me figure out how to activate them so I can finish editing. The pictures are on an external hardrive....at the time I was first editing them it showed the external drive was a G drive...now it shows the same external drive as F drive........not sure if this is creating the problem. I'm very technology challenged so I am not even sure how much sense this is making.

Hope someone will have some advice for me please!!!
Thank you!

modify_inline.gif

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    This morning I was editing photos in my LR2....now I am coming back to finish and my LR is telling me my photos are either offline or missing.....and I can't for the life of me figure out how to activate them so I can finish editing. The pictures are on an external hardrive....at the time I was first editing them it showed the external drive was a G drive...now it shows the same external drive as F drive........not sure if this is creating the problem. I'm very technology challenged so I am not even sure how much sense this is making.

Hope someone will have some advice for me please!!!
    Thank you!

modify_inline.gif
    The difference in drive-name is causing the problems. If you right-click on the folder, you'll get a menu. Choose 'locate missing folder' (or something similar). Then, select the new location of the folder and all will be well again thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    The difference in drive-name is causing the problems. If you right-click on the folder, you'll get a menu. Choose 'locate missing folder' (or something similar). Then, select the new location of the folder and all will be well again thumb.gif

Thank you!! I did that and I do have access to the photos in the other drive but they are not edited....I have over 60 photos edited..........any other ideas?
    And when I try to bring those same edited photos back into LR it says they are already in my library but won't let me access them.....arrrggg!!!!

Ideas?
    Thank you again!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Thank you!! I did that and I do have access to the photos in the other drive but they are not edited....I have over 60 photos edited..........any other ideas?
    And when I try to bring those same edited photos back into LR it says they are already in my library but won't let me access them.....arrrggg!!!!

Ideas?
    Thank you again!
    If you linked the correct folder to the correct folder in LR, it should show edited ne_nau.gif

LR saves the changes you made to the LR library and not to the actual images, so re-importing images will definitely not get you your changes back. Make sure you do not remove the images and then re-import them, that is a guaranteed way to get rid of your changes.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    If you linked the correct folder to the correct folder in LR, it should show edited ne_nau.gif

LR saves the changes you made to the LR library and not to the actual images, so re-importing images will definitely not get you your changes back. Make sure you do not remove the images and then re-import them, that is a guaranteed way to get rid of your changes.

Hmmmm...I am so confused...Laughing.gif...this morning I obtained the photos from my harddrive and it was listed as a Gdrive....now that same external harddrive is listed as an HDrive.......in the Hdrive the pix are all there but none of the edited versions. I can't right click and select the area where the edited ones are because they came from GDrive and that is not even listed as an option now.

Although I can see my edited pix in LR but can't access cause they are offline :(

Is that making any sense......and when I try what you suggested it takes me to the Hdrive.

Making my head spin....as I am already challenged in this area as it is.

I'm thinking this is really simple but I'm just not getting it :(
    Any other ideas?
  • Options
    dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    right click on the missing folders then browse to the new location.
    Do not import or try to re import. As an earlier poster said the changes are in LR so if you browse to you folder and look at your pictures outside of LR you will not see the changes.
    The changes are not written to the actual photos until you export them.
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    dbveto wrote:
    right click on the missing folders then browse to the new location.
    Do not import or try to re import. As an earlier poster said the changes are in LR so if you browse to you folder and look at your pictures outside of LR you will not see the changes.
    The changes are not written to the actual photos until you export them.

Thank you both so much for your response.
    I went into my computer and found the HDrive and renamed it GDrive...and it worked.....:) Thank you both for all your help!
    I'm smiling again :)
  • Options
    dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Thank you both so much for your response.
    I went into my computer and found the HDrive and renamed it GDrive...and it worked.....:) Thank you both for all your help!
    I'm smiling again :)
    I was actually thinking about suggesting that But I was not sure what you would be comfortable.:D
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU