Options

Gorgeous From Any Angle

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited December 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
744107813_kezSB-XL.jpg

744107930_NeG4H-XL.jpg

744107726_ZsuKd-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Beautiful cars and the colors just pop thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Oh, I have been missing my Classic Car Fix, These are just beautiful, and I agree with Randy, the Colors just jump off the screen.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Excellent shots as usual. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these are true works of art. Not really fair to show me these when 12+ inches of snow is predicted for tomorrow. :D
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    Hey Randy,

You know I can't go too long before I'll show some beauties like these.

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    Yo Craig,

I could feel your pain way over here so I figured I'd better get your FIX to you pronto.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    Hi Dave,

I've got to agree with you. These cars are rolling art. It's almost overwhelming to see so many cars of this caliber in the same place at one time. I'm kind of like that one-eyed cat in a seafood store....don't know where to look next.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Hi Tom......Every time I see your pictures of these beautiful cars, it takes me back 40 some years when I was working in Vermont. There were people dressed from that period and they were driving through the mountains in cars from the early 1900s...... I ask one of them if it was a rally of some kind, He said it was the Glidden Tour. The first tour was held in 1902. THANKS FOR SHARING...clap.gif azzaro
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    Hey Azzaro,

I didn't know about the Glidden Tour. I wonder is it still an annual event. There are many, many regional events that are centered around these old cars.

As I go to these big-time car shows, I am struck by the realization that there are very few young people involved in the scene. You wonder if enough of the younger folks have the interest, or are willing to bear the expense, to keep this train on the track. Big-time car collecting and restoration is brutally costly. I'm afraid it's going to become the avocation of a continually dwindling number of folks.

Gary, I wish you the best of the holidays.

Tom
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Howdy Tom

These are quite stunning, especially that first one. I always enjoy the opportunity you provide us to see these beauties. clap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Wow, Tom! That '31 Auburn boattail speedster is an absolute beauty! . . . Not that the Alphas have anything to worry about! mwink.gif

Great shots, as always! Keep 'em coming! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    Hey Lee,

That boattail was absolutely breathtaking....just truly stunning to look at. Somebody spent a bloody fortune on that thing.

Happy holidays and a great new year to you, my friend.

Tom
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    yes, I'll take one, any one, but give me the first. zoom!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix