Options

December 19th

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 22, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Out in one of the local parks on Saturday I came upon these hardy souls (it was 30F at best & not even the maniac wakeboarders were out as the lake was frozen in places).

Any and all C&C appreciated.

744602923_jK6VM-L.jpg

744603027_2BA4P-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    I'm not getting much out of number one I'm afraid. I feel like the guys should be related in some way but I don't think the composition supports that very well. It could just be me, though. ne_nau.gif

Number two, I like. The two men's expressions are of determination or competition while the woman is struggling to stay in the race. The choice of focal length seems to exaggerate the physical differences between the men and the woman making her seem smaller yet. I think I may have cropped a little off the top but it looks good as is. Well done. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    I like the second one. It appears as if they are struggling against the cold more than the distance.

Looks like at least one maniac photographer was out there, too! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    I'm not getting much out of number one I'm afraid. I feel like the guys should be related in some way but I don't think the composition supports that very well. It could just be me, though. ne_nau.gif

Number two, I like. The two men's expressions are of determination or competition while the woman is struggling to stay in the race. The choice of focal length seems to exaggerate the physical differences between the men and the woman making her seem smaller yet. I think I may have cropped a little off the top but it looks good as is. Well done. thumb.gif

Thanks Travis. The comp on the 1st was a problem. These are members of a local get fit group (the guy in the shorts is their coach / task master). I came upon them on a trim trail in the park and there wasn't enough room to get a better position. Typically the coach, who was encouraging the guys you can see to work harder, turned to a group off camera just as I took the shot. They then noticed my presence & I got the blank stare which is common round here so I moved on to look for alternative subjects.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I like the second one. It appears as if they are struggling against the cold more than the distance.

Looks like at least one maniac photographer was out there, too! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Rainbow. It was pretty cold with the wind chill, but I felt more of a maniac the next morning when I was out in -4C / 25F to shoot the golden hour, but I was beaten by a local martial arts club who were just finishing their hour long outdoor workout (in standard karate style clothes) as I arrived.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page