Options

Victoria's Biggest Secret

dychuidychui Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited December 24, 2009 in Street and Documentary
747092620_YpXmD-O.jpg

I passed by this interesting fellow by Union Square in San Francisco. He is a "human statue" street performer. Next time I go to San Francisco I need to bring more dollar bills for these people :).

Thanks for looking!

- Daniel Chui

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    dychui wrote:
    I passed by this interesting fellow by Union Square in San Francisco. He is a "human statue" street performer. Next time I go to San Francisco I need to bring more dollar bills for these people :).

Thanks for looking!

- Daniel Chui

Really terrific image! My only question is whether it should be color, or black and white...or not...But either way - well seen, well shot!clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    dychuidychui Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback!!! I tried a B&W conversion myself... I'm not sure which one I like either!

747081709_TbUZf-O.jpg

I think I like black and white more, guess I'm old fashioned!

- Daniel Chui
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    dychui wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback!!! I tried a B&W conversion myself... I'm not sure which one I like either!

747081709_TbUZf-O.jpg

I think I like black and white more, guess I'm old fashioned!

- Daniel Chui
    I definitely like the black and white better - I find the color distracting. Also, I'd bump up the contrast on the black and white. But that's me. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    PupWebPupWeb Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    A little Photoshop majic
    Not sure if you have PS or othe image editing software but taking out 80% of the color in the background and desaturating 40% of the subject will give you a intereating composition.

-Merry Christmas
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Excellent shot. I love the balance and the oddity of this fellow's performance. There's just nothing that looks 'in place' in this shot -- excellent. I do enjoy the B&W image much more than the color and agree that it needs a bit more contrast.
    PupWeb wrote:
    Not sure if you have PS or othe image editing software but taking out 80% of the color in the background and desaturating 40% of the subject will give you a intereating composition.

-Merry Christmas
    Too many games -- too many games. A straight B&W conversion is perfect. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 24, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    Too many games -- too many games. A straight B&W conversion is perfect. thumb.gif

B&W does work well here, but there are some nice color combinations as well. I think the original is over-saturated, though. Maybe just reduce the overall vibrance a tad and see if you like it. ne_nau.gif It's a cool shot in any event--good juxtaposition and nice reflections in the windows. The mimes here generally have very elaborate costumes, so I found it funny that this guy was just in normal street clothes. Very good catch clap.gif.
  • Options
    thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    I like black and white too for street photography, but still it is an awesome composition.