Options

16 Random shots from last 2 months, short stories

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in People
I have been really busy with clients for the holidays, hooray! I lost my voice over 2 weeks ago, spent the last 4 days on the couch watching TV. What have I learned from this??? I need to be a better photographer, FOR SURE. Some sessions were almost proof ready SOC, SOME were nightmares, requiring way too much time at my computer. Lighting and exposure is what I need to master. Here are a few of my favorite good ones, some more interesting than others... FYI we live in AZ

1. My youngest and her hubby FRESH FROM IRAQ!! home for good after 2 tours.
We were rained out at my fav spot, I thought of this commercial spot in our neighborhood and nailed the entire session in under 30 minutes. The great lighting was soo obvious even I couldn't miss it!

750771986_yCkUr-M.jpg

2. A magical session due to the time of day, which we hit by pure accident, note to self 3:30 @ my fav spot in winter !! I love these because they remind me of work I have admired from other photographers.

ALSO I think her outfit made a big difference, the contrast of frilly and dried vegetation.

750771584_raYYV-M.jpg

3 ditto
750772009_vvX9m-M.jpg

4 ditto
750771144_jdM7r-M.jpg

5. ditto
750771102_6QfA7-M.jpg

6. ditto
750771166_agypz-M.jpg

7. ditto, out take, look at that face!!
750773634_hV5Uf-M.jpg

8. Same fav location. The tall one with long hair is my computer guy. He was a big help to me this season.:bow This was really fun but I could not help laughing at times. :rofl I DO like the results. These were only Lightroom edited and he took them as is.
750772471_u7cVG-M.jpg

9 ditto
750772175_NbA4S-M.jpg

10. these boys came along and asked to have their photo taken too, I obliged and gave the mom my web address to right click it. My computer guy makes these $$$ custom guitars, he was VERY KIND to let them hold them!!!
750772343_BALUC-M.jpg

11.My hairdresser that just quit the swanky $$ salon she toiled at for 10 years and NOW cuts my hair for FREE in return for photos like this...
750772972_UfbLh-M.jpg

12.Look at that GRIN!! I know, I know, the background is a bit blown.
750771359_fxtqv-M.jpg

13. Lightroom treatment...
750772865_y2tFm-M.jpg

14.No words needed here.
750772678_q7xkQ-M.jpg

15. I LOVE this photo and Lightroom treatment. But it is what you DON"T see is what really makes it special in MY EYES. The older sister in the background has a terrible problem with her teeth.It is very unsighlty. Sometimes even with a closed mouth it shows.But here she looks just lovely.
750771261_yzi3d-M.jpg

16.Just a handsome family.
750773075_udTfY-M.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    some really good stuff in there!thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    I like. Your post processing is very nice. I know you are making your friends and clients very happy. Good work.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    5, 6, 8 and 15 - love!

And Trudy, your joy and excitement in your shooting is palpable - you're reminding me to find more people to shoot and get out there and DO!!!! Really fun stuff thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone! It is great to get feedback here on what we think is good work It is so validating.
    Quarik, thanks for the compliment. Ed thank you for the comments, a PP compliment is so nice to get, because that is a personal vision.
    Darren thank you for taking the time to let me know which ones you thought the most of.
    DivaMum, you made me smile!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Fantastic work!!! Wow, I really love the 1st, 5th and 9th and 14th. Stunning! :D
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    Fantastic work!!! Wow, I really love the 1st, 5th and 9th and 14th. Stunning! :D

Glad to see you are back, the little blue eyed girl in the frilly dress was the one that made me think of you!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    Trudy, you know what is so funny... in #2..WE HAVE THAT HAT! It is from H&M. I cut off the poof on top the braids.. and it is on my older son in the series I posted today (by the snowman)! :D It is also on my baby son in a series I posted for Halloween. I bought 2 sizes. I am SURE this is the same hat...hee hee. If "other' photographers means me (in your post reference) I'm _VERY VERY_ flattered! You do GREAT work!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Thanks for sharing....nice work.

Sam
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    looks like you've been busy! Great work!
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    Trudy, you know what is so funny... in #2..WE HAVE THAT HAT! It is from H&M. I cut off the poof on top the braids.. and it is on my older son in the series I posted today (by the snowman)! :D It is also on my baby son in a series I posted for Halloween. I bought 2 sizes. I am SURE this is the same hat...hee hee. If "other' photographers means me (in your post reference) I'm _VERY VERY_ flattered! You do GREAT work!

YES I meant you! :D And that is the same hat, the Mom told me she got it at H&M! And this was the little girl that made me think of you while I was shooting, I knew these would turn out great, and it brought to mind your little ones blue eyes and the LOVELY photos you took of some girls by some old walls of brick.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    Thank you Melissa and Sam, your comments are always appreciated.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    YES I meant you! :D And that is the same hat, the Mom told me she got it at H&M! And this was the little girl that made me think of you while I was shooting, I knew these would turn out great, and it brought to mind your little ones blue eyes and the LOVELY photos you took of some girls by some old walls of brick.

Too funny about that hat! :) YES the village shots. You are too kind :D Your series is wonderful. I'm sure the parents are thrilled!!