Options

Error while running actions in CS4

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 27, 2009 in Finishing School
I often get errors when running Actions. It is not specific to one action or another. It happens with several free or purchased actions I've downloaded. The error I get states:

"The "xxxx" command is not currently available."

I then have the option to continue or stop the action. It happens with different commans... Delete, Feather, Fade, Select, etc. If I continue, the actions goes through the remaining steps and appears to work, but I am not sure. I have looked high and low on the net but have yet to find a solution to the errors.

Any help?
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Perhaps, you are using actions that require a specific state. For example, i think some actions, like the TRA ones that you use, only work on the flatten image.

Maybe someone else will have some better ideas.... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Figure it out so thought I would post just in case someone else runs into this...

I was running the actions on 16-bit images. Converted to 8-bit and they run fine. I forgot that certain filters and such are not available when in 16-bit mode so the action can't run them.

Thanks for trying to help aktse. You reply actually sparked the thought to try in 8-bit. clap.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site