Options

Diamond is forever

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited December 28, 2009 in Weddings
My elder bro is going to get married soon, he bought this ring for his bride. :D

745607695_Nxrbb-L.jpg

That is glittered surface of packing material in the background, it was easy to insert the ring in it. I just moved the hue slider in PS to turn red into blue. Used 100mm f2.8 macro with 580ex2 flash.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    I like the look and comp. Great job. clap.gif

If you can I would retake the photo the same way but see if you can get the focus back just a tad maybe check and see if its your angle to the film plane you need to adjust. I am not talking much and maybe you already have a photo with more of the diamond in focus. I still want the back prong out of focus. Oh and clean the stone just a little, in photo-shop if needed.

Hope that helps.
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    congrats to him! it looks like it is a sea of diamonds!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    I like the shot it's got the wow factor. The diamond could use just a bit more clearity but very nice.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Danspage wrote:
    I like the look and comp. Great job. clap.gif

If you can I would retake the photo the same way but see if you can get the focus back just a tad maybe check and see if its your angle to the film plane you need to adjust.

+1 The diamond looks somewhat out of focus. Taking close-ups of engagement rings sounds easier than it is .... I always make sure to take a couple and focus on a couple different areas of the diamond ... just in case.
    Other than that I looove the "background", and the crop is great too clap.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Thanks guys for input

Actually i had diamond in focus. Due to lots of dust i thought to but some blur on it.

I will shot it again :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    That is such a fabulous photo of the ring! Love it!
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    I agree -- effective ring shots are actually WAY harder than many of the people here make it seem.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.