Options

Tell me your honest opinion....

melspencermelspencer Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 1, 2005 in People
This photo was just one I grabbed while my daughter was waiting on me. This is completely unposed. The photo before this one was posed. Then I told her to wait while my computer caught up to itself.

And this is what I got...... (a friend told me I needed to submit it to a contest). I have no idea where to find an appropriate contest for such a photo.

Your honest opinions and feedback would be awesome.

Comments

• Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    girl-vi.jpg

It is a beautiful photo. It was a bit noisy and dark. Do you have a larger version? They are easier to edit. I ran it through a profile of her skin in Neat Image and it really softened it up. A nice effect, imo. Something I do a lot. I then adjusted the curves in Photoshop to bring up the brightness and then did some USM at about 125.

As I said, if you have a larger copy there would be more to work with!

Owen
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    melspencer wrote:
    This photo was just one I grabbed while my daughter was waiting on me. This is completely unposed. The photo before this one was posed. Then I told her to wait while my computer caught up to itself.

And this is what I got...... (a friend told me I needed to submit it to a contest). I have no idea where to find an appropriate contest for such a photo.

Mel, if you dont mind - thats my vision:

2565.jpg

Yes, 15 min of work in PS, not accurate, but you can see the idea..
    Yuri
  • Options
    melspencermelspencer Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 1, 2005
    Both of the photos you attached!!!
    They are absolutely gorgeous. They both came out so different from eachother.

I have so many photos that could be so much more beautiful just from what I see here. I really need to work with the programs to understand what I am doing better.

I have attached one of a friend and I, it is a tough picture to make it look decent, what would you do?

Yuri- Your vision is exactly her personality. It fits the attitude perfectly. Thank you.clap.gif
  • Options
    gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    melspencer wrote:
    They are absolutely gorgeous. They both came out so different from eachother.

I have so many photos that could be so much more beautiful just from what I see here. I really need to work with the programs to understand what I am doing better.

I have attached one of a friend and I, it is a tough picture to make it look decent, what would you do?
    Yuri- Your vision is exactly her personality. It fits the attitude perfectly. Thank you.clap.gif
    I did this really quickly (getting ready for work).

26739563-M.jpg

I just tried some curves adjustment. But, the main thing I wanted to show was the clone tool to get rid of the blown out area. But the shot looks a little less saturated now for some reason. I might want to increase that a bit more.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    melspencer wrote:

I like the picture and what Yuri and Owen did with it, however the original picture the camera seems to be more in focus on the background (foot of statue) than the subject. This is also the reason both Owens and Yuri's vision work so well as both techniques make this into a strength for the picture.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 1, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    I like the picture and what Yuri and Owen did with it, however the original picture the camera seems to be more in focus on the background (foot of statue) than the subject. This is also the reason both Owens and Yuri's vision work so well as both techniques make this into a strength for the picture.

FWIW,

XO,
    15524779-Ti.gif