Options

DSS 40- first idea- need advice on lighting

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited December 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
First of all, happy holidays to all!

This little guy will have to Pay the Piper.

Any suggestions on lighting?

I am still working on this, but need to post tonight or tomorrow morning ..... as we have more family celebrations planned for the weekend.

Thanks to anyone who will post a comment.

Chris

750202923_csULe-L.jpg
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    I'm not sure what to tell you on lighting - still pretty green myself. Maybe a bit too bright for how he is feeling. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    I am no lighting "expert", but what springs to mind for this is for you first to ask yourself what MOOD you want to create with the light.

At the moment, I see a brightly lit still life.... but is that the mood you're trying to convey? My guess is possibly/probably not, so think about what you want the final shot to look like. Soft light? Hard shadows? Sidelighting? Emphasisng a certain mood with colour (play with white balances and/or gels if you have them)?

Once you know what you want it to look like, you can figure out how to get it there :D

On a technical note, what lighting gear do you have, ie how many lights and what modifiers (or what modifiers can you make/makeshift to create your "vision"?) I hasten to add you do NOT need a lot of fancy gear to achieve these things, just to use what you *have* in ways that will get you were you want to go :D

In any case, throw some answers at us and I'm sure somebody will pipe up to help! thumb.gif
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Thanks to both of your for your comments. I did tone down the lighting for my entry. Very helpful suggestions. Thanks.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.