Options

Mif

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited July 1, 2005 in Wildlife
I think it is a moth and not a butterfly. Stuck waiting around for some workers to show up and am a bit stir crazy. I am sure a flash would have been useful.

26675041-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    That is nice, 4 labs! Very, very nice!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is nice, 4 labs! Very, very nice!

ginger
    Thank you Ginger.!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    Hi 4labs.. I can't see your shot as well as I'd like as I'm on my new laptop (thunder storm, I'm assuming I'm safe on wifi) but it looks like a lovely shot. Love the white flower and the white Mifi flying away.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2005
    Thnxs Lynnma I am petrified of lighning. I know what a wuss. I don't blame ya from staying away from your computer.

Here is one more from my day of boredom.
    26675901-M.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    That first one's a very pretty shot, Eric. The flower and the compo are great. It's a pity the winged thing isn't in focus, bet it would have added to the effect. Nice exposure.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    That first one's a very pretty shot, Eric. The flower and the compo are great. It's a pity the winged thing isn't in focus, bet it would have added to the effect. Nice exposure.
    Thnxs so much Sid.. I really think if I used a flash I could haev gotten the moth sharper but of course the one time I actually want to use it I don't have batteries for it.
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi 4labs.. I can't see your shot as well as I'd like as I'm on my new laptop (thunder storm, I'm assuming I'm safe on wifi) but it looks like a lovely shot. Love the white flower and the white Mifi flying away.thumb.gif
    gotta be careful though...I blew out a cable modem and router during a lightening storm...everything was unplugged but I forgot to disconnect the cable line! the surge came through there :cry luckily my computer was not harmed, just blew out the ethernet card (not on wifi)

Adrienne

P.S. I'll be in MA next week, can't wait since the blueberries are in season! Expect pics of fresh blueberries soon!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    Hi Eric
    4labs wrote:
    I think it is a moth and not a butterfly. Stuck waiting around for some workers to show up and am a bit stir crazy. I am sure a flash would have been useful.
    I have only ever seen two kinds of butterflies in my yard, those white ones like in your shot, and Monarch's........however, the white ones are more common than anything else, I envy you folks who get those really pretty coloured buterflies......those white ones just don't have that Wow factor do they.

Well I'd be happy to see a white one hehehe rolleyes1.gif its too cold for anything here at the moment, thanks for sharing, hope you get a colourful one soon.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    See what a little boredom can do for your creativity thumb.gif
    yeah flash woulds help, so, cool anyway :D
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    I have only ever seen two kinds of butterflies in my yard, those white ones like in your shot, and Monarch's........however, the white ones are more common than anything else, I envy you folks who get those really pretty coloured buterflies......those white ones just don't have that Wow factor do they.

Well I'd be happy to see a white one hehehe rolleyes1.gif its too cold for anything here at the moment, thanks for sharing, hope you get a colourful one soon.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy I am curious what is too cold for you spoiled Aussies?rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    Ohhh Don't make me Tell You
    4labs wrote:
    Skippy I am curious what is too cold for you spoiled Aussies?rolleyes1.gif
    Lets see.......its 19 C in our office thats about 70F and we sit there with our uniforms, and cardigans, and blazers, and coats on rolleyes1.gif
    Sometimes I put my fingerless gloves on, cause they can't seem to control the temperature in the area where the Typing Pool is.....if they turn our section up the rest of the Lab is too hot, if they turn the rest of the Lab down, we will be freezing...........Air Condition sucks thats what the problem is.

As for me I have low tolerance for the heat and for the cold, right now it's Winter, and I have a Pure Wool Doona on the bed that is equal to 4 blankets, then I have my Electric Blanket on 3, then I also have another double blanket on top of that :D and me flannel pyjamas too rolleyes1.gif

You know the first time I ever saw it snow was 4 years ago in Ohio, and it was really cold there, but it didn't feel the same, I dunno if I was just so over the moon about the fact that it was snowing......they kept saying SKIPPY!!! get inside you'll freeze to death out there girl !! and I'm like noooooo I wanna see it some more heheheherolleyes1.gif

Geez I was just bouncing off the walls I tell ya, that fluffy white stuff was just so amazing, and soft and ya know in Ohio the flakes are so big they looked like feathers falling from the sky, and they even fell in little stacks and you could see the pretty little shapes of each individual snow flakes, and I wanted soooooooooooooooooo bad to make a snowman, but there wasn't enough snow........ohhhhhh well, maybe next time :D

So lets see I like the mid 80's as far as temperatures go :D
    Our Summers are very hot here, we get terrible bush fires that way too often take lives, thank goodness we haven't had them for a while now, but the potential is there because of the layout of the land here.

I think I am so fascinated by Snow simply because we have never had it here where I live, we don't even get frost in my town, well put it this way I couldn't tell you how many years ago it was when I saw frost ne_nau.gif

Yup I'd love to see a White Christmas in my town, and make a Snowman, and play on a sled......that's something I've never done before either.

Take Care.......Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin