Options

Winner of mini challenge #87 Celebrate

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
This has been quite an experience! I've enjoyed studying and commenting on all the entries for challenge #87. It's been very difficult to choose a winner from all the great and varied entries but here goes:

3rd Place: "The Floats" by Cuong
The colours and scale of these floats captures for me the sheer spectacle of many celebrations. It struck an emotional chord for me, reminding me of watching the Rose Bowl Parade as a child with my dad. :clap:clap

2nd Place: "Thanksgiving Day" by lizzard_nyc
Liz, I call feel the the energy and and anticipation of digging into the unveiled dessert. The expressions on the men's faces are terrific. I can almost hear their stomachs gurgling in anticipation. I've got to know - what was it?? :clap:clap

and the winner is *drum roll*

1st Place: "A Reflective Celebration" by adbsgicom
Andrew, it was tough picking between two of your captures. The winner edged out "daughter's friend's birthday party" which I also loved. Both capture the emotion of children, one the unbridled glee of chidren's birthday parties and the other the wonder and simplicity of a child's imagination caught by the flame of a single candle. In the end this one won out with the sheer poignancy of the occasion. The children are our future and their freedom is paramount. Congratulations.:clap:clap:clap

Thanks to all who submitted their great entries. Andrew, the ball is now in your court to come up with our next theme.
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Wow!! Thank you for the thumbs up, Patti and congrats to Liz and Cuong as well. thumb.gif

Loved seeing the many styles of celebration folks have captured. Now to mull over the next topic....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Thank you, Patti. Congrats to Andrew and Liz as repeating winners. No co-champions this time, but you're all winners to me.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Congrats guys.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    This made my week--second place:D
    Thanks you Patti and congrats to Andrew and Cuong, but really to all who entered, there were some really fantastic shots.

Liz, I call feel the the energy and and anticipation of digging into the unveiled dessert. The expressions on the men's faces are terrific. I can almost hear their stomachs gurgling in anticipation. I've got to know - what was it?? clap.gifclap
    Patti since you asked (I can kick myself for not taking a photo of the dessert table--so I will detail it--but it won't do it justice. (ALL homemade)
    1. 2 kinds of flans (one of them cheesecake flan, Cuban style)
    2. Vanilla with Choc frosting cupcakes
    3. Choc with sea salt
    4. Bakalah (I know I just butchered the spelling)
    5. cheesecake
    6. choc chip cookies
    7. choc covered pretzels

that's from memory--I know I'm leaving some out--but now you get the look on his face.
    Liz A.
    _________