Options

Raw converter

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in Finishing School
Season Greetings All:

I have CS3 and would like to know where can i get the raw converter for this software..or what version DNG converter, I understand CS3 is now considered abit old, to make it easy I would like to try LR2-3 , Three dows not have everything open is there a trial version of LR2 where i can use with the options being opened for me to use..i might do a switch if its worth while.
THank you and have a good day all ...and be safe
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 26, 2009
    Eddy wrote:
    Season Greetings All:

I have CS3 and would like to know where can i get the raw converter for this software..or what version DNG converter, I understand CS3 is now considered abit old, to make it easy I would like to try LR2-3 , Three dows not have everything open is there a trial version of LR2 where i can use with the options being opened for me to use..i might do a switch if its worth while.

A couple of things: CS3 has a raw converter built in, ACR 4.6. It will work fine unless your camera is so new that it is not supported, like the Canon 7D, G11, or 5DMkII. I don't know what's what in the Nikon or other worlds. You can, however, get a free DNG converter for Canon that will work with CS3 and those models.

Lightroom 3 is a beta, and not to be entirely trusted. The current production release is 2.6, and it will support the models I listed above. If you are considering purchasing LR, I would wait till 3.0 is released, as the upgrade from 2.6 will not be free.

HTH.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Hi Richard and season Greetings,
    I do have a Canon 1ds mkIII Aleica m8.2 and the Pana GF-1
    I will use this mainly for my 1DS mkII.. I thank you Sir for the reply and enjoy the Holidays
    Cheers
    Eddy

P.S. Richard what lens do you use for street photog...
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 26, 2009
    Eddy wrote:
    Hi Richard and season Greetings,
    I do have a Canon 1ds mkIII Aleica m8.2 and the Pana GF-1
    I will use this mainly for my 1DS mkII.. I thank you Sir for the reply and enjoy the Holidays
    Cheers
    Eddy

P.S. Richard what lens do you use for street photog...

Lucky guy. wings.gif

ACR 4.6 supports the 1DsMkII and MkIII and I believe that your Leica can produce native DNG files; it's one of the few cameras that can. Don't know anything about the Panasonic.

I don't have a whole lot of equipment (my wife would disagree) so I use all my lenses on the street. In order of frequency, I use a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 most often, followed by a Canon 70-200 f/4L and lastly, a Canon 17-40 f/4L. The different ranges lend themselves to different styles of shooting
  • Options
    aaronbrownaaronbrown Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Eddy wrote:
    Season Greetings All:

I use CS3 and have the new Canon 7D. I use the newest Adobe DNG and create .dng files that will work with my older Adobe Camera Raw. It's an extra step, but it helps me get back to my work-flow, and it forces me to convert over from the proprietary format -- something I've been deciding on for a while.