Options

12/24/09-12/25/09

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited December 30, 2009 in Street and Documentary
749501799_66E4s-L.jpg

I'm so pissed I missed the focus on this one!
749511411_NCT2f-L.jpg

749514440_J9APE-L.jpg

As some of you know I've been working on my Flinstones era laptop--well it died this weekend--FORCING me to finally get a new computer--I am picking it up today on my way home:) Ms. Divamum has also mailed me some editing software (lovin my fellow dgrinners), just waiting for its arrival.

Soon my high contrast b&w will be a thing of the past--for the most part--I still like the high contrast grainy look, but at least I will be trying other editing tools as well.

Just wanted to share.
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    I like #1 a lot. It looks like a shot from the 1950s (sans remote control).
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    damonff wrote:
    I like #1 a lot. It looks like a shot from the 1950s (sans remote control).

Holy cow Damon--
    I just set up my new computer and opened this first--my husband just happened to catch the fist shot and he said--get this "I like that shot, it reminds me of 1950's Cuba" (he's Cuban)--I just thought that was great.

Thanks Damon--they are not my best shots, I've had better, but I still like them, in particular #1, even with her face cut off.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    I had the same reaction to #1. It could have been a still from one of our family Christmas home movies. Great job. I like your high contrast B&W.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2009
    Patti wrote:
    I had the same reaction to #1. It could have been a still from one of our family Christmas home movies. Great job. I like your high contrast B&W.

Hi Patti,
    Thanks for looking--funny about my high contrast b&w--I think either you love it or you hate it--glad you like it. I personally like it myself, but I tend to blow it sometimes with the whites--I'm hoping to remedy that now that I have proper PS tools.

I liked the moment captured in #1--it's one of my favorites from the holidays.
    Liz A.
    _________