Options

My first/favorite "cool" shot

KenundrumKenundrum Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
so i've been lurking here and slowly posting photos i've been taking to my gallery since i got a new camera at the beginning of this month... i took this shot with my friend's digital rebel xt and it just stood out at me as fun to look at. it's got that weathervane effect where you can't really tell which direction the sign is facing.
25467966-M.jpg

what do you all think?
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes you find yourself, in the middle of nowhere

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    re first cool shot
    Certainly like the shot- especially as it looks like something hit it on the left hand side and certainly stopped. As for which direction it's facing- I can only see it facing to the right.
    Brian V
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 30, 2005
    Certainly like the shot- especially as it looks like something hit it on the left hand side and certainly stopped. As for which direction it's facing- I can only see it facing to the right.
    Brian V
    Welcome to dGrin and cool shots! wave.gif

Brian made me realize the fun significance of the "splat" as a play on the word "stop" but it's not what I saw initially.
  • Options
    KenundrumKenundrum Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Welcome to dGrin and cool shots! wave.gif

Brian made me realize the fun significance of the "splat" as a play on the word "stop" but it's not what I saw initially.
    i never thought of that when taking it... although i did notice it... i guess i'll see about posting my photos more often... interesting what other think! thanks
    however- when i look at it (might just be my eyes) i can see it going back and forth between facing up/right and down/left (relative to the photo). when i took the shot i was to the left below the sign in a moving car. well... the driver likes to think that stop signs with white borders are optional :-)
    Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes you find yourself, in the middle of nowhere