Options

Metal Print and Thin Wraps Quality...

sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited January 1, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
So I understand the prints can look really nice. I recently saw some at a BayPhoto booth when I attended a local PPoLA meeting. But I have to say that the metalprints while very nice seemed a bit un-finished on the edges. And because it was a bit worn, the surface looked a little scratched.

I pushed a client toward the thinwrap the next day. When I saw the thinwrap in person at their house, the thinwrap was matte and not what I was expecting. Does anybody else share the same feelings?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    The MetalPrints look exactly like this on the edges:
    metalprints-detail.jpg

Click for more info. The quality is stunning. You can't judge by a tradeshow model that's been treated roughly, lol3.gif

I have a bunch of these hanging in one area of my studio - they're spectacular.

The ThinWraps are not matte but Satin.
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/thinwraps
  • Options
    sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    i guess i didn't realize the thinwraps were satin. all good. client loved it. i was just surprised.

does the metal print come with the hanging apparatus? i saw what the edges looked like i person. i believe it was bare metal so it looked a bit unfinished. i suppose if it was brand new and not tossed around, it could probably look like a million bucks
    Andy wrote:
    The MetalPrints look exactly like this on the edges:
    metalprints-detail.jpg

Click for more info. The quality is stunning. You can't judge by a tradeshow model that's been treated roughly, lol3.gif

I have a bunch of these hanging in one area of my studio - they're spectacular.

The ThinWraps are not matte but Satin.
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/thinwraps
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    sunxsweet wrote:
    does the metal print come with the hanging apparatus?
    click the link and see :)
    Yes.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    I have several metal prints and they are fantastic; my new favorite medium. I just posted them on "Snow Covered Mittens" in the Landscape Forum if you care to look. Of course, photos of photos (quick snapshots) don't do them justice, but you can get the idea.
  • Options
    Lyle CLyle C Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    My First Metal Thin Wrap
    Hello everyone! Just received my first metal thin wrap yesterday of our new grandson and his mother. The quality is outstanding! We are extremely pleased with the result.