Colour spots

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited May 18, 2004 in Technique
Since we've being doing the "bright light" assignment I've noticed coloured spots on a couple of my shots...... for example, just above Maude's nose and under her chin......

4272255-S.jpg

is this light reflecting off the side of the lens and would a lens hood help to eliminate it??

Thanks

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Since we've being doing the "bright light" assignment I've noticed coloured spots on a couple of my shots...... for example, just above Maude's nose and under her chin......

4272255-S.jpg

is this light reflecting off the side of the lens and would a lens hood help to eliminate it??

Thanks
    I dunno, experts will tho, but I just have to say again Gubbs.. I just love this shot, it's one of my all time favorites..:D
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    Yup, it's the sunlight bouncing around off your lens. They call it "flare." A hood will only help as long as it blocks the direct sunlight from your lens. No hood for my G3, so I sometimes hold my hand over the lens when I'm shooting too directly towards the sun.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Yup, it's the sunlight bouncing around off your lens. They call it "flare." A hood will only help as long as it blocks the direct sunlight from your lens. No hood for my G3, so I sometimes hold my hand over the lens when I'm shooting too directly towards the sun.
    Thanks, They supplied a hood with the camera but you can see it in the shot when the lens is zoomed out!!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    Bummer. Badddd hood.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au